Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo: Minimum Bids Reduced on Some of Your Keywords
    Got this in my email this AM. Doubt that it will make a big impact to my cost.
    Dear Advertiser,

In this economic climate, we understand that you need to stretch your marketing budget as far as possible. So we thought you'd like to know that we've reviewed minimum bid amounts on our Sponsored Search keywords and reduced the minimum bids on many terms. This may help lower your costs and increase your clicks. This review process is a part of our ongoing efforts to optimize our search marketplace.

How This Affects Your Account
    Some of your minimum bids may now be lower, and keywords with bids that were formerly well below the minimum requirements may now just be a few cents below the minimum. By raising your bids slightly on those keywords, you may be able to activate these terms and drive more traffic to your site.

Here is a sample of your keywords that are now near the minimum bid*:
    keyword keyword keyword keyword keyword keyword

Please log in to review your account and your new minimum bid requirements. As some keywords with bids that were formerly below the minimum may now be active (and start displaying your ads), make sure that your spending limits are high enough to allow you to receive any additional traffic.

We appreciate your business and encourage you to continue to invest in Yahoo! advertising.

Sincerely,

I received a similar e-mail last week. The main thing that I noticed was that the vast majority of bids that were lowered were keywords that were inactive. There were very few bids that were lowered on keywords that were already triggering ads. The result was that hundreds of previously inactive keywords suddenly became active forcing me to suspend all activity until I have a chance to review each campaign.

IMO this was just a self serving attempt by Y to raise their revenues. Which in this case backfired as it forced me to halt all activity.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread