Exclamation Affiliate conventions
    Hi my name is mike and i own a network.Is it really worth the trip to meet affiliates at these sort of conventions? Would it really pay off for me as a network?
    Last edited by loxly; May 19th, 2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: changed title since it was actually a general question

http and a telephoto
    Affiliate Summit is worth attending. It is in August in NYC. There are other conferences worth attending also, check out the events section here at ABW.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    I changed the title of your thread since you are asking about affiliate conventions in general.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The effectiveness of the Denver Affiliate Convention remains to be seen since it will be the inaugural session. They are promoting heavily to affiliates, so as a new network you may get a lot of good exposure if you schmooze. There several different mainstream conventions that may or may not be beneficial for you. You'll get a lot of different answers about the value of any particular one. You may just have to experience them for yourself to decide.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I'll be attending the Affiliate Convention in Denver - it's in my backyard so would be foolish not to check it out.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Depends on what level you are at in your business. But for anyone who has gone through the learning curve i.e no longer a newbie, these conventions can be a great source of ideas and are good for networking. You may meet someone and start a significant JV with them
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    I second Loxly on Affiliate Summit being completely worth attending. The sessions are really informative in general and the networking is invaluable. As mentioned there's another convention starting up next month, which I'll be attending with my fellow PMG folks.

I've also attended one ad:tech and I'd say it was decent for more general online advertising information not specific to affiliate marketing, and the network events are pretty good if you're heavily involved with that network. I went to CJU last year and it was a good experience for networking to be sure.
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

@TrishaLyn | My Managed Merchants

Affiliate Summit is the one event that is a MUST for anyone in the affiliate marketing industry at any level. I've been doing affiliate marketing for 10 years now, and I *STILL* come back from every Affiliate Summit with far more ideas than I have time to implement.

The network-specific events (CJU, LinkShare Symposium, Google Client Summit) are all great, but they are much more basic and "sanitized". They're smaller, so you won't get as much networking. ShareASale Think Tank (invite only) is my favorite network-specific event. Although it's even smaller, it is more advanced and much more constructive.

I haven't tried any of the more general conferences or new startup conferences, as there are enough established affiliate-specific ones to keep me busy. I think I would see much less value in them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with Mr. Coley !

thanks for all the great pointers and i think im going to attend the denver convention and hope to meet anyone else who is atttending

Ben The AIM Group
    Thanks for the Info, I will try and make it to NYC is August as well! Hope to meet a few of you there!

Best,

Benjiman Godbout
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    49above Marketing Inc,

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NdemandAffiliates
    thanks for all the great pointers and i think im going to attend the denver convention and hope to meet anyone else who is atttending
    Just look for my shiny head...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread