CJ Stats driving me crazy. Please HELP
    I can't seem to see my click count "tick" up whenever I click on my own links. However, I do have some sort of click count that seems close to my hits on my blog. I've even tried clicking through proxy. Still no tick up. I just want to make sure my links are working right. Please help. Thanks!

Outsourced Program Manager
    CJ reporting is not real time. Also, when was the last time you cleared your own cookies, temp files, cache, etc. etc. etc.? Just curious. I am sure you have already thought of this, but you are vulnerable to parasites in CJ. It can be fantastic if run right. Who manages the merchant(s)?
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

Jack. I am interested in your comments regarding cookies and CJ parasites. Can you expand on this topic? Should we be clearing out our cookies reguarly?

I'm also interested. I'm new to this and haven't made a sale yet. However, I am registering the clicks and they seem to be coming in late as discussed. So, if I'm registering clicks and impressions does that mean I'll get credit if I make a sale?

Yes, I do this 20-50 times every day, mailman.

Wanda, you could send a million clicks and not get one commission. It really depends on whether the retailer allows parasites, etc. Unfortunately, most CEOs do not understand what you do. Sadly, most affiliate managers and networks succumb to the temptation to look the other way because there is a financial incentive to do so.
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

Jack,

I've been promo'ing mostly shoebuy and a few others. I don't clear out my cookies or anything like that now. I don't understand what you are saying. How can a parasite mess up my links and such? What should I look for? How do I know my clicks and sales are being registered?

Cookies
    Wanda. That is a very good point, I am in the same boat.
    What say you Jack? Maybe some of the Experts could care to answer this?

Wanda36 and mailman, the best eduction is right here on ABW at:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158

Also, I will call you and explain parasiteware, etc. if you would like me to. Just send your phone number via PM here on ABW, or if you are not yet able to do that, just submit it via the contact form on my site.

Jack,
    I'll PM you my phone number, but I don't understand what you are saying. My guess is I'm "OK" anyway since I finally made my first sale with CJ! Now I just gotta figure out where it came from.

I've heard many complaints that CJ is no longer paying commission as may merchants has cheated and defaulted by ceasing their accounts.

hope u get it resolved

dont go overboard here ..

If your links arent registering clicks inside CJ even if you click on them ..

How about checking the code and making sure the link + ur aff id is correct?

When you look at CJ reports .. they dont show you todays events by default, so go into the options and select today ...

as noted before there reports are delay'ed ...

Also make sure the Merchant is has an active program!
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I think my links are "working" as I've made two sales so far. However, I was wondering how can you check your actual landing pages with CJ to make sure links/forms are coded and working correctly? I can't seem to find which numbers are being passed. Do they set a cookie? How does it work?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread