Is MSN AdCenter Worth It?
    I've been running Adwords and YSM for years, but just recently expanded my campaigns to MSN. The traffic seems to convert just fine, but I'm disappointed with the volume.

From all three PPC sources combined, MSN makes up only 3.1% of the traffic volume, and assuming it takes an equal time to manage as Google and Yahoo, it takes up 33% of my PPC management time.

My thinking is that the time may be better spent expanding the Google and Yahoo campaigns rather than managing the AdCenter account for such minimal traffic --even if that traffic is profitable. Has anybody else cut ties with Microsoft after finding the volume simply doesn't justify the effort?

Actually I think I just convinced myself... why not focus that extra 33% PPC-management time on the engines that deliver 96.9% of the traffic and probably 95% of the sales. Should be a no-brainer unless I'm missing something. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    My thinking is that the time may be better spent expanding the Google and Yahoo campaigns rather than managing the AdCenter account for such minimal traffic --even if that traffic is profitable. Has anybody else cut ties with Microsoft after finding the volume simply doesn't justify the effort?
    YES!!! I stopped using AdCenter more than a year ago. I actually found that it took more time to manage my AdCenter account due to a large number of errors on their part and their inability to actually divide a monthly budget over a thirty day period. Several times my monthly budget was completely exhausted after one or two days which forced me to waste time allocating funds daily as opposed to monthly. They did provide me with credits as compensation whenever this occurred, however the credits were eaten up just as quickly.

I also found that I received a much higher number of fraudulent clicks from them than Y! and G combined, which meant that I had to police their traffic quite a bit more. They claim to catch most fraudulent activity, however in one day I had over forty clicks from the same IP address that they apparently missed. Again, they were very good at providing credits when this occurred, it just got to a point where they were started sucking up more time than they were worth.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread