How can you checkup on your links and sponsors?
    Never seem to get straight answers on this question. Now that I'm starting to spend some small money advertising my site, I want to make sure my future sales will be recorded. I'm thinking about buying through my own affiliate links to see if I in fact get credit for the sale. However, I'm not sure if this is against the TOS? Any thoughts on this?

ABW Ambassador
    >>I'm not sure if this is against the TOS?

You will need to read the TOS for each merchant.
    Many allow it but some do not.

Wanda36 as Mr. Mackin stated, you'll need to read each merchant's TOS, some allow affiliate purchases, some don't. Some actually encourage self referrals because it makes senses that you could potently do a better job promoting them if you're familiar with their products, customer service and ordering process.

There is a forum her on ABW dedicated to Test Purchases, check here first to see if any of the merchants that you are working with have positive or negative purchase reports. If you do perform any test purchases yourself, please post your results there also.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Wanda36 as Mr. Mackin stated, you'll need to read each merchant's TOS, some allow affiliate purchases, some don't. Some actually encourage self referrals because it makes senses that you could potently do a better job promoting them if you're familiar with their products, customer service and ordering process.

There is a forum her on ABW dedicated to Test Purchases, check here first to see if any of the merchants that you are working with have positive or negative purchase reports. If you do perform any test purchases yourself, please post your results there also.

-rematt
    I think this is great idea, I think I might do some test purchases on some merchants im promoting. I dont understand why a merchant would want to rip off their affiliates. We are here to help them

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread