I am helping a coworker get into affililate marketing. He has a page and wants to make his page a shopping link. His theme is all natural products. I will just help him get started and sign him up with some programs and show him how to do the links, then he is on his own. What do you recommend I charge him to get him started? Also what advice can i give him to be successful?

What do you guys do?

Thanks a bunch

ABW Ambassador
    West Coast USA
    Why not put him under you in some 2 tier programs and not charge anything.

I gave up trying to help people do this. They always give up when they see it actually involves work.

I agree with both Adam and Jane LOL. It depends on the person.

If you think the individual has what it takes to succeed in this business, I would follow Adam's advice. A few well seasoned affiliate guys took a chance on me a few years ago and their help enabled me to get where I'm at today. But, they also didn't do things for me. They suggested or pointed to a direction and I busted my rear to learn what they said I needed to succeed.

However, if this person is bored and looking for something to do, or just wants to make money the "easy way" you do, then I wouldn't bother helping at all. I actually had one relative who I trained and who was making sales from the site I taught them to build tell me they were giving up the "affiliate thing" because it was "too much like having a job". Another person I helped learn the basics of the biz "tries to find" time to go further than the small amount of sales she gets from her first efforts.

Needless to say, I am not as helpful as I used to be when people ask about affiliate marketing, unless I see that "something" that it takes in someone.

Torrance, CA
    If you don't charge them anything they won't appreciate it. They'll waste your time, since it's free.

You don't have to charge a lot, just enough to make them think about it a bit and see if they value your advice. Then they can decide if it's too much like work, or if maybe they can figure it out by themselves.

Most likely they'll decide it isn't for them if they have to pay for it, and in that case they wouldn't have stuck with it enough to earn you anything anyway.

And if you let them decide it isn't worth it, instead of telling them you won't help them, they won't be mad at you.

ABW Ambassador
    We helped someone set up with affiliate marketing and take a 25% cut of their commissions.

far far away....
    take a percentage....

drop'em like a hot rock if you see no results...

for every 100 people you help maybe 2 will do anything.

I have helped 100's

I experienced the same thing a Adam... I help a guy get a website up and profitable... after
    six or seven months I got aN EMAIL saying interent marketing is too much work... too much like a JOB!

fortunately for me.. he gave me the domain name and website... his loss was my gain...

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Like farming - great work if you don't count how many hours goes into it.

Mainframe consulting rates were at $65-85/hour for your average grunt programming. But now some dude in Bangalor is doing the same work for $10.

"Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sillygoose:
    Also what advice can i give him to be successful?

What do you guys do?

Thanks a bunch<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the same logic, we should charge you for our advice.

"Only dead fish swim with the stream all the time"

ABW Ambassador
    Pass him an affiliate link to XXXXXX XXXXXX's eBook you highly recommend as one that works.

If he wants to learn, make him invest some money in it. If he cannot be bothered or does not want to take the risk, tell him you are too busy.

Learn SEO for free

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread