YES! I made my first affiliate sale from one of my blogs! :)
    It was on CJ. Thanks for the help I've received on this forum so far (and many others).

Of course, it brings up another question. I'm currently using statcounter which I thought was tracking exit links ok. Well, apparently it does not catch them all. Also, I can't find any exact time for the sale off CJ How can I better track this in the future? I've already got two small advertising campaigns going in addition to SEO, etc. I really would like to know where my sales are coming from. Thanks for any help !

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda36
    It was on CJ. Thanks for the help I've received on this forum so far (and many others).

Of course, it brings up another question. I'm currently using statcounter which I thought was tracking exit links ok. Well, apparently it does not catch them all. Also, I can't find any exact time for the sale off CJ How can I better track this in the future? I've already got two small advertising campaigns going in addition to SEO, etc. I really would like to know where my sales are coming from. Thanks for any help !
    Congrats! It gets even more addicting from now on. LOL. I think there are many redirect and tracking script discussions on ABW. I don't have time to search right now, as I'm leaving for an appointment, but if I remember, I'll come back here and answer your question later. In the meantime, I'm sure other ABW members will chime in.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Affiliate Manager
    Congrats!! Hope there are many more to come!!

Congratualtions! That "ice breaker" sale is always great. Here's to many more to come.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Congrats on the first sale!! As meadowmufn said, it's addicting now, you've got the bug.

Congratulations, your first and your biggest sales are the only ones you'll remember. Enjoy it.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Congrats, Wanda! And many more sales to come!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

15 years and counting
    Congrats on that first sale. It's always a memorable moment. I still remember my first affiliate sale, what it was and the amount. And, 15 years later I'm still getting a check every month from the exact same product.
    Regarding my bigest sale, I've no idea. I had huge ones, so many it's like it was normal. I've always been astonished at how much somebody can charge a CC.
    I remember my biggest single commission this month. A little bit less than $1K. I was surprised because most merchants are keeping big sales inhouse these days.

Congrats!!!.

Hope you will make many many more. Enjoy your success
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

Congrats on your first sale! Hope you have many more to follow.

Congratulations on your first sale! Hope there are many more to follow.

Congratulations on the sale - sorry I can't help with the trackers.

Congrats on the sale - it is such a great feeling! On to sale #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda36
    It's going to be virtually impossible to track a sale due to the fact that even though most people buy the same day, a lot of others don't. So even if you think you tracked down the click-through that brought the sale, you have to keep in mind that it could have been a click-through from several days ago (or even longer).

The best thing to do is just keep a daily record of your stats as far as how many unique visitors you get, how many of them actually click-through, and of that, how many convert. These numbers will help you greatly in the future as far as tweaking your site to it's full potential.

I keep all my stats on an excel spreadsheet that automatically tells me the Click-through rate and Conversion rate of my visitors. I will gladly give you a blank copy so you can do the same if you'd like.

good job more luck to you

Congratulations. What a good start.

Great News

I am still waiting my first sale, and can imagine how I will be even more motivated when it finally happens.

Here comes more Competition...
    Just kidding, congrats!

Hallo and congrats Wanda36,

Related to tracking I have posted straight away something here - CHECK THIS (It can be helpful to you and many others) --> http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=119912

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread