Which is better one global advertiser program or multiple programs by country?
    I tried searching for this topic before I posted my question, if it's a repeat I apologize.

Currently my company's affiliate program only pays commission for sales on our US or Canadian stores. We want to add in our international stores to our program.

CJ is saying that each new country should have a separate program. Obviously this nets the most fees for CJ, but I'm interested in hearing what affiliates prefer and why?

Cheers,

Mick

I see no need for more then one program as log as you have seperat links & banners for each site. Alot of programs i am in have different links for their Canada & US sites. As far as that goes several programs have more then one site for the same marketplace.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Micker
    my company's affiliate program only pays commission for sales on our US or Canadian stores. We want to add in our international stores to our program.
    I am just curious.....Do you have individual company stores who are selling on the internet or do you have a company central website which is handling internet sells??

I thought that your products were being sold through various brick and mortar locations and they in turn were selling your products through their individual affiliate programs.

CJ is saying that each new country should have a separate program. Obviously this nets the most fees for CJ
    Why would this be necessary?? Isn't this the world wide web?? The coverage area of an affiliate program should be governed only by where the merchant was willing to ship and I assumed that your company is a global merchant.

Only my humble opinion...
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Hi Witzer,

To clarify we are a software company, with world wide distribution. Our direct business is via our website, which has been localized to around 30 unique e-stores (by currency/language/payment options). Product availability and pricing may vary by country store.

I'm not sure why a separate CJ program would be necessary for each country. CJ told my European office that because CJ Europe is a separate legal entity they will need a new contract and program. I have a call into my CJ account team in the US, but I wanted to get the publisher view.

I'm wondering if it was due to:
    • Tracking by country
    • Currency issues
    • Convenience for Affiliates (30 variations of each link would be a pain)
    • Best commission for CJ sales rep (most likely)

Cheers,

Mick

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Mick,

I'm not sure how you handle international sales, whether it be via one site or multiple sites, but you can easily add international capabilities to your CJ account. We have our US and UK site on the same account at CJ. There's a minimal setup fee but after that you're set.

Bob

Affiliate Manager
    it is a question between segmentation and efficiency.

International is big concept!

My first advice is about the necessary, if you have time to manger , It would be OK. The purpose to offer multiple program is some thing like PPC , because you want to monitoring seperatly, that is the only benefit in my mind.
    For affiliate recruitment, it is not so cool even CJ is very strong brand in North-America, but it is not the same situation in EU.
    Just search affiliate census report in google, you will found a report powered by Econsultancy UK. It will help you to understand affiliate marketing in EU better. (Even in UK, CJ is not as strong as it is in US) Just don`t assume.

Give specialy link , offer, make frequent communication in specific affiliate can also make thing happen.

My second advice, is about your website, products, services. If you do not have specific targeting Landing page or mini site for you country target affiliate program, it is waste time.

You can use the PPC model to learn what I talking about.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread