Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IRS: Everyone needs to review there 1099 to verify payment is annotated but not submitted. If it’s like mine, I had to call the IRS and ask what to do about a 1099 saying I was paid said amount but remittance is not forth coming.

IRS is looking into this matter; they state contact google and request remittance or a modified 1099.

SEC: I have an excellent contact point to submit our complaint for timely payment and an investigation into possible accounting discrepancies.

We can submit as many fact as possible as a group which I will gladly accept and submit to the SEC.

Documentation requested:
    Emails stating it will take 2-4 6-9 weeks to send mail.
    Capture of payment sent and not received
    1099 showing payment has been received when in fact it has not been.
    Any other correspondence that might assist the SEC in ensuring this company pays its vendors in a timely manner.

Or you can submit your documentation to enforcement@sec.gov.

SandraR

Some people here do not find this an issue, but if a NEW public company cannot pay its vendors on time, they are in financial distress. If you want your money sometimes it requires utilizing our government to help.

adsense rocks, even if they do pay late

ABW Ambassador
    I was always paid and as midnightcoder said: Adsense rocks!

Midnight coder and Irma,

You 2 obviously have all the money you need to retire on. I am sure your portfolio is so well done that you do not have to be concerned with companies that may be defrauding others retirement funds or stocks.

For me, if I am interested in investing in a company that has great potential. Knowing they can pay there vendors in a timely fashion will entice me into buying there stock so they can obtain there billions of dollars.

Yes when they get there billions and still take there time about paying you a few hundred buck, remember you don't need it nor do you care if you get it in a reasonable time.

SandraR

ABW Ambassador
    I do not think that privately held companies are governed by SEC. Google is not public yet. According to the latest news, IPO is not on CEO's agenda, at least not now.

On another note, 1099 should have payments made through Dec 31. Are your missing your November commission check which were mailed in Dec? Or is your Dec commission part of 1099?

My Dec is on my 1099, you need to check your 1099 as it’s supposed to annotate end of year close.

Unless you requested otherwise.

IPO is not on CEO's agenda, at least not now. The supervisor I spoke with is eager to see the documentation.. I prefer to say no more, if you wish to contact the SEC yourself PLEASE do its most informative.
    SandraR

Mine includes the payment made in December, for November sales. The one for December sales isn't included.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am interested in investing in a company that has great potential <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sandra, it seems to me that you are contradicting yourself. Negative news always have bad consequences for companies. You are helping create those negative news by reporting google for late payments, thus diminishing that great potential.
    You are not helping anyone with this. Adsense is paying well and it is certainly another sponsor for our websites so that we are more diversified.... would you be happy if that becomes less and less viable?
    What happened to a little patience?

Irma,

You are getting on my nerves, the accurate quote is

"if I am interested in investing in a company"

The operative IF.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ CORRECTLY.

I cannot help it if you do not see beyond the next paycheck but I can. If the company cannot pay in a timely fashion they are in trouble. If you wish to support ENRON tactics then so be it, but I prefer to stay cautious and alert to possible problems.

--------------------------------------------

Irma,

Deleted to keep peace!

SandraR

[This message was edited by SandraR on February 06, 2004 at 05:13 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Sandra, you are out of line calling me selfish.
    I will not post the comment you deserve...

I didn't attack you, but it seems that you can readily do so.

Have a great weekend!

ABW Ambassador
    SandraR, I thought in a previous thread you said you were suing google for being a few weeks late with your check...

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone NOT received their December Google AdSense payment yet?? I'm still waiting for mine, while the rest of the world seems to have received it by now. Google said no concern when I contact them about it, but was still curious if anyone else is still waiting for a December payment.

Jim

I received the one they sent in December (for November) but not the one they claim to have sent for December.

The only ones who seem to have gotten that one are the ones not in the USA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    SandraR, I thought in a previous thread you said you were suing google for being a few weeks late with your check...

Chet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sue but report and request an investigation. This investigation stuff takes time like all things. The SEC is eager to hear all complaints concerning late payment while annotating payment having been made.

I am not a person that really likes to sue, but I am a person that will SCREAM when not paid in a timely manner.

One of the IRS department people told me to file a civil suit so it goes to the papers, to move the investigation faster.

And people here thought I was over reacting...

SandraR

I haven't received mine yet. It shows that they mailed it on 1/21. Do they use the same post office as Linkshare?

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    SandraR, from Dec 07, 2003:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We have all been to through the issues of wait --- 2 months later they are bankrupt. My papers are in for legal suit to take place Monday. No excuse is acceptable. Enough is enough. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...215#7716042215

Chet

Chet,

I received my check and stopped all processes.

Thanks for showing me that post, I can now capture it and send it with my complaint to the SEC!

SandraR

Heck, I didn't receive Dec.payment or the 1099 yet. Guess I wait for my rant.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

yack, yack, yack, yack....

Well .. we just received this from Google .. guess they are informing us EXACTLY what is going on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hello,

The Google AdSense team would like to let you know that your
    payment check has been sent out late this month. Your check
    was mailed to your delivery address between February 2 - 6 and
    should be arriving within two weeks. This delay is due to the
    volume of year-end checks, as well as mailing 1099 forms to
    publishers.

We sincerely apologize for the delay, and thank you for your
    understanding in this matter. Should you have any questions or
    comments about your payment, please don't hesitate to let us
    know by emailing adsense-support@google.com.

Sincerely,

The Google Team <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Ray,

You beat me to it.

Question?

Do you think all my calls today to the NASDAQ, SEC, IRS and a few I can not mention help?

SandraR

ABW Ambassador
    You called NASDAQ??? Google is a private company, why not call the tokyo stock exchange as well?

Chet

In November, Google's excuse was "Thanksgiving". This month it's the "end of the year" and 1099s. What do you suppose it will be next? Too drunk from Saint Patrick's Day?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    You called NASDAQ??? Google is a private company, why not call the tokyo stock exchange as well?
    Chet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While being transferred all over the place I was told to call the NASDAQ and actually given there number... By the end of the day I spoke with so many people you would simply laugh at the way 1 call can have you speaking with people you only read about in the papers!

SandraR

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Question?

Do you think all my calls today to the NASDAQ, SEC, IRS and a few I can not mention help? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really DO think that you *posting* that you did that helped! As for it helping directly, the agencies probably haven't contacted G yet.

But I notice that after the lawsuit threat, an email and then a check came. And now after the SEC commentary, that email came. So there could be a correlation going on here...

As for the 1099, I didn't get one yet (I haven't checked today's mail, though), so I don't know if that's been screwed up.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast