Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Today I was amazed to get a very threatening message from that no-good uberdud, Chip-n-Dough.com!! (They try to sell cookies. The kind you eat!)

Years ago, they had a program at CJ and I signed up. Made all of 2 sales in months, when they were deactivated. They came back (paid up I would guess), terminated me, and then deactivated again!

On today's message, they threatened all kinds of bullsh*t damages if I didn't remove a listing ON OVERTURE which said I was an affiliate of theirs. I looked in CJ for "inactive links generating traffic" --Nada for them.

So I checked on Overture. For one, it's an INKTOMI listing. And, it wasn't a paid-inclusion listing, but a free one. Anyway, seems that I forgot to change the meta tags on one old forgotten page that hasn't promoted their stuff in years! Of course I'll change that now. (I sure the heck wasn't trying to come up as the chip-n-dough (" C & D") company!)

But what a bunch of jerks, to call up with such a threatening attitude! May they rot!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Update--

When I tried to call and leave a message for the guy, the phone company's message said the number was not in service!!! And the guy hadn't left an email address for me to use instead.

So I sent a message to their Customer Service email address and asked them to forward it...

ABW Ambassador
    I would say it's time to make some pages for their competitors but from the sound of it by the time you get the pages spidered this cookie company will have crumbled.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> from the sound of it by the time you get the pages spidered this cookie company will have crumbled.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazingly enough, they've been able to stay alive since that page was made about 2 years ago.

And, their site shows that they have started another affiliate program!

As for making pages for their competitors, I did way back when their program closed (that was the page I had forgotten to change the meta tags for!)--unfortunately, those sites couldn't convert traffic looking for cookies either.

I think the reason I didn't remember those metas is that I've read that Inktomi is the only engine that pays any attention to them--plus I was p*ssed when I changed the page over, so I did it hastily.

Well they're changed now!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread