Offline Merchants
    We deal with 7 networks and find only 2 that merchants bounce back and forth from active to inactive or offline. Those 2 networks being Commission Junction and Shareasale. As you know this creates havoc at times so this is what I have been doing. Every morning I check my e-mail and see if I got one of those e-mails from CJ saying a merchant is inactive. I then check the the status of all my Shareasale merchants. If anyone has gone offline on Shareasale since the day before I write it down on a sheet of paper the merchant's name and put today's date.

I then check to see if yesterday's offline merchants are still offline. If it is a CJ merchant I try to fine an e-mail address for the merchant and forward CJ's e-mail to them asking if I should remove all of the links and banners across my sites for the merchant. Shareasale I go to the e-mail address listed on their merchant account and send them a short note letting them know that they are offline and asking should I remove their links and banners from my sites.

I sit back and wait. You would be surprised how many merchant DON'T know they are offline. Earlier this week, LoveMyShoes on Shareasale was offline. I sent them a note and heard back from the AM - "If we're listed as offline, this is the first I've heard of it. I will get to the bottom of it asap." They were back up within 24 hours and I got this note from him "We're back online. Thanks for the heads up."

When I don't hear back from a merchant within 5 days such as AllHeart on CJ last week, I pull them. If they e-mail me and let me know what's going on, I will cut them a little slack maybe 7 days but nothing longer.

It may be a little work but I have been surprised by the e-mails from the merchants not knowing they are offline as well as the responses of thanks that I have received.

Thought I would share this with everyone.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

Anytime an affiliate brings up an issue. I first thank them for telling me. As i know its easy to just take down the links and move on.

So this seems like a fair system to ensure the merchant has invested resources to communicate & resolve these type of issues. At the same time they should have bin aware of an issue like this from a network update.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

http and a telephoto
    Merchants get emails from Shareasale when they go low funds, they need to be monitoring for that.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I would put those merchants on a watch list for 3 months.

As a SAS merchant, I have gone dark once when I was at aff summit in Boston but Trust notified me personally on my PDA/BB. Usually, our aff emails gets routed to affilaite at lostgolfbals.com. I put it on my personal CC to kick it back live. Either way, things does happen for whatever good one's intentions maybe.

But if the merchant goes on and off, I would remove it as there might be a bigger issue than an error that occurs once in a blue moon.

Use your best judgement and if you have a gut feeling about something, go with it.

When I don't hear back from a merchant within 5 days such as AllHeart on CJ last week, I pull them.
    Anybody know what happened to AllHeart. It's been nearly 2 weeks since the start of this thread and they are still gone. I didn't know it until I started seeing their links show up in the invalid links report at CJ. I don't remember a notice on them.

John,

I sent them an e-mail and they never responded.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread