Unfair VOIDED Commission
    To: Brian Littelton (ShareAsale CEO),
    Subject: Unfair VOIDED Commission

With good and long term relationship with SAS, I really need help with an Unfair VOIDED Commission. Before promote products of merchants, I always read TOS carefully. I was so happy that I got a big commission transaction from a merchant in SAS. Therefore, I put more effort with my advertisement.
    About a week later, I was shocked with voided transaction from the mrechant. The explanation is as below:
    VOIDED Other - Sale through Old /Existing Customer who makes regular purchase from us since last few years. Sale - 383

VOIDED
    Merchant: 20615 Acha Co., Ltd. Site Address: www.achadirect.com

In TOS, they never mentioned that they will not pay commission for their Old /Existing Customers. Generally, the old customers should order their products by calling or direct visitting to their website. But, their old customers seach from the net and click my advertisement for purchasing.
    I hoped that the merchant will treat their partners ethically and fairly.
    I also contact direct to the merchant but they did not give me any response.

Please kindly help to get my commission back.You have to help me.

Best Regards,
    Athikhom

We find this to be a common problem on SAS.

Suggestion to SAS: Clamp down on merchants violating their own TOS, not just affiliates. An easy way to detect such offenders is simply to tabulate merchants and sort them by their reversal rates. Merchants with unusually high reversal rates should be scrutinized and carefully audited.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    An easy way to detect such offenders is simply to tabulate merchants and sort them by their reversal rates. Merchants with unusually high reversal rates should be scrutinized and carefully audited.
    sounds like a good tip...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    In TOS, they never mentioned that they will not pay commission for their Old /Existing Customers. Generally, the old customers should order their products by calling or direct visitting to their website. But, their old customers seach from the net and click my advertisement for purchasing.
    As merchants look for more ways to save money I believe this will not be an uncommon tactic used to make claims as to why a commission will not be paid.

However it MUST be in the T&C as a clearly stated reason, so that everyone can see that this is the case, and choose with the full facts in hand whether or not they want to promote that merchant. If not and they are voiding sales then it needs to be reviewed by Shareasale as a violation of their own T&C

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

How do they prove to SAS or to you that this was an old customer?

I remember I asked CJ how do they protect affiliates when merchants decided to just void the commission because lets say they slept on an open window yesterday and they need the money for antibiotics. The answer was they have a contract and won't do that.

Well, the contract is good when you can prove that the other party violates the rules. Obviously such practices went beyond the fair business.

Old customer or not, fact is, they were shopping around and made a conscious decision not to go straight to this vendor to make a purchase. The affiliate did the legwork of recovering the erstwhile customer.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

SAS cannot Help
    Dear All,

Up to now, Merchant: 20615 Acha Co., Ltd. Site Address: www.achadirect.com
    still do not pay me. Actually, this amount of money need to go for charity. They did not cheat on me. But, they cheat on charity organization. What goes around comes around. Let's see.

God Bless You All,
    Athikhom

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Existing or old customer T&C is a bit harsh.

I understand if it is a lead generation or co-reg program as that is done to deter fraud

ABW Ambassador
    Athikhom, you should contact Carolyn Tang @ SAS. She's very helpful on this type of issues.

I had a couple of voided commissions from a merchnat @ SAS a few months back with the same reason: existing customers.

To me, that just nonsense! If the "existing customers" couldn't even remember your(merchants) names/sites and came to my site and make the purchase, then they are not your "existing customers". They are new customers I refer to you. Plus, there is no where in the merchant's terms states that the sales from "existing customers" don't count.

I tried to contact the merchant a couple of times and got no response. So I asked Carolyn for help. She was all over it and made the merchant correct the commission back to my account.

I would like to publicly thank Carolyn Tang for her extra effort on helping affiliates. I highly recommend you to contact her if your "Unfair Voided Commission" issue have not been resloved yet.

Thanks mayfly. I am sending an e-mail to Unfair VOIDED Commission as your suggestion.
    Hopefully, the charity will get this money back.

God Bless You,
    Athikhom

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread