Here is an answer we recevied after approaching one company related to Christian religion about doing a joint venture:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thanks for writing. I glanced at your site and notice problems that would prevent us from partnering with you. Many people who utilize our site would immediately notice the following:

Feng Shui Incense - Feng Shui is occultic
    Zen - Buddhist related
    Nag Champa - Hindu related
    Zodiac - occultic
    Hong Tze Dragon - dragon symbolic of Satan
    Gargoyles
    Dream Catchers - occultic, American Indian

I appreciate your thoughtfulness and desire to work with us. But these references, as you can see, would actually prevent that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you see, merchants get that too

Konstantin,
    www.GenericGifts.com
    2500+ products in a data feed. 20% commission. 5 years cookie expiration.

...and you used...GASP!...black text on a white background!

Really, some people need to just come to the party!

Andy

Cripes! Well, I guess, they must be pretty deeply into what they believe.

I am putting up a site with almost exclusively Christian jewelry. And, another with jewelry from all paths including Christian. Why? Why not? I am running a business, that's why. And, as distasteful as I would personally find it to wear such things, so what? I find certain dresses distasteful, too. They would also send the wrong message about who I am. However, that would not keep me from selling them if there was a market for them. Prejudice in business, can really cut into the bottom line.

For those inclined to throw in a straw dog for argument, NO, this does mean to imply that I am up for selling anything to anyone. I won't sell suicide kits to minors, for instance. And, I don't intend to sell bomb making manuals with air plane tickets, either. So, don't be silly.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

OOPSIE! Mistyped.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> For those inclined to throw in a straw dog for argument, NO, this does NOT mean to imply that I am up for selling anything to anyone. I won't sell suicide kits to minors, for instance. And, I don't intend to sell bomb making manuals with air plane tickets, either. So, don't be silly.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silly me!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

At least they responded with why they were not interested.

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>At least they responded with why they were not interested.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, we offered to set up a separate store-front with only Christian items, but they still declined, so that was not the real reason...

Konstantin,
    www.GenericGifts.com

http and a telephoto
    It could be the real reason, they are afraid someone will find out that you did the site and then see your other stuff and that would "taint" them. Or working with you when you represent this stuff will create bad karma... or.....

Deborah Carney
    Link up!
    Submit your sites, if you fit the criteria
    http://coolcraftsites.com/directory
    http://coolpetsites.com/petlinks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Or working with you when you represent this stuff will create bad karma... or.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't think Christians believe in karma

Konstantin,
    www.GenericGifts.com

It's not unreasonable for a Christian themed online store to make such rukes.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Actually, we offered to set up a separate store-front with only Christian items, but they still declined, so that was not the real reason...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was. Some of those other things are considered evil by Christians (especially anything considered satanic) and it wouldn't sit right to do the deal even if they got the seperate storefront. And there are some fundamentalists who think ALL other religions are bad, or at least not good enough to deal with.

I would expect that most who put up a specifically Christian site would be pretty staunch/religiously conservative in their beliefs (or at least want to appear that way for the benefit of their viewers) so I'm not surprised at the rejection.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Religious-Items.com is letting me sale their stuff even though I made it clear that it will be offered side by side with merchandise from assorted different religions. Not that I need any competition but they have a great line of products.

I guess, they aren't afraid of "contamination". Or, who knows? Maybe, it is a recruitment effort to get the Pagans to cross over. (LOL punny)

The thing that is dumb (I think) is that Pagans buy crosses and so forth. Why? We are big on religious jewelry and talismans. But, we almost all have people we care about who happen to be Christians. So, it would be a logical gift for us to give.

My stance on my faith is pretty clear, I think, but that does not give me insight as to why some people with similar beliefs make the decisions they do.

I agree that some would be offended if the "association" were discovered. Yes, I think that's ridiculous, but that's just the way some people are.

Without getting into a deep theological discussion, let's just say I'd rather keep the "ultimate" goal in mind and cast my net as wide as possible.

I'll stop there before this becomes a

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd rather keep the "ultimate" goal in mind and cast my net as wide as possible.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly!

Turning down genericgifts is absurd. They don't have ANY religious stance. They just sale stuff people want to buy.

@SSanf: And some folks think people with our backgrounds can't get along...

---------

LOL!

I got to thinking, wouldn't it be an absolute riot if I came up #1 for "Christian Jewelry". I think the nidhogs will nibble my toes before it happens. But, it would be funny.

(Nidhog is the mythical worm that gnaws the roots of the World Tree.)

SSanf:

I can see it know ... SSanf attending a Christian merchandise convention to lead a workshop on selling Christian jewelry online.

Sometimes people need their world turned upside-down to get a real look at it.

---------

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread