iPhone Woes
    Well I got it almost 3 months ago and was loving it. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I couldn't connect to iTunes over WiFi, but it would work fine with 3G or the Edge.

I contacted Apple service and they had me restore the phone and then a couple of other little things which didn't help. After a lengthy call they decided to send me another and it came overnight which really impressed me since they are nearly 2000 miles away.

The second phone arrived and it did the same so they concluded that the behavior was native to the iTunes App and nothing could be done. The next day the second phone started having serious problems with crashes, screen freeze, loss of sounds, and general not working as a phone.

After calling back I found out that they had sent me a refurb. Now I'm waiting till the holiday is over so that I can petition someone up the chain of command for a New phone.

That chaps me that I paid for a new phone and they sent me a refurb when nothing was wrong with the original. If I would have wanted a refurb ATT usually sells those at half price.

I would be curious to know if anyone has tried to connect using the iTunes App with the iPhone over WiFi. I tried 5 hot spots and connected on one only. Safari and the other Apps would work fine on all the hot spots. If that's the correct behavior as they now say, it's a shame they didn't know that up front to save us all the trouble.

I just tried connecting using the iTunes app over WiFi and had no problems.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I just tried connecting using the iTunes app over WiFi and had no problems.
    The Apple tech told me it was a matter of router configuration at a given hot spot. If you happen to think of it over time try to find one where you can't connect. I had 4 out of 5 that wouldn't connect.

Well in all fairness to Apple I have to report that I am "living happily ever after" now. It seems that the 3rd phone works great as did the first one. Only lack of experience on the part of their support caused the perfectly good first phone to go back.

Did you have to buy the additional warranty?

Also, how good is the coverage? Any more connection problems?

Did you have to buy the additional warranty?

Also, how good is the coverage? Any more connection problems?
    I was leaning toward the additional warranty and they offered to over night the replacement if I would. Otherwise I was going to have to send my old one first. The closest Apple store is 75 miles.

The lady at FedEx says she sees a lot of them coming and going so I think getting it is worth while, and I never do extended warranties on anything.

The 3G coverage for me is way over hyped, but that's only with here in Louisiana and one trip to Tennessee for comparison. Their Edge service kicks in when 3G is not available and it's slow.

I'm still happy with it though. We have been geocaching with it and there is an App for that. Sounds commercial.

Thank John.

Good to hear that you are happy with it.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread