Mikasa Program Closing
    Dear Mikasa Affiliate,

Mikasa.com would like to thank you for your participation in our affiliate program. Unfortunately, we have made a business decision to shut down the Mikasa.com Affiliate Program at LinkShare at the end of May.

(snip)

Mikasa.com will also be contacting all of you directly or through a 3rd party within the next few days regarding the future of its affiliate program.

In addition, Converseon will no longer be managing this account after 5/31. It has been a great pleasure working with each of you and we hope we can continue to do so with other online merchants we work with. Feel free to contact us to discuss this more.
    Any ideas where they are moving to? Mikasa is owned by lifetime brands, which also owns Pfaltzgraff, and Pfaltzgraff is at CJ, but I don't see them listed there yet.

I don't want to remove my links just to put them back up with another program. It would be faster for me the way they are set up to swap them out.

Tax Paying Member
    Is this a replay from 2 years ago????
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Wow - I haven't received this email.

I did post in the Popshops forum a couple of days ago that I saw that Mikasa was gone from PSs with no notice.

Edit: Went to LS internal email for the first time in weeks and see it there. They should have sent it through regular email.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; May 26th, 2009 at 07:43 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    Is this a replay from 2 years ago????
    No, I think this is something totally different. Two years ago, they redesigned their site and took down the affiliate program for months. While I was unhappy at the time, they were very nice to me when they came back giving me a private offer arrangement, so I promoted them.

What is different here is that Mikasa is now owned by Lifestyle Brands, and have once again redesigned the site along the same lines that they redesigned the Pfaltzgraff site. They are very similar in the way you now navigate through them.

What is telling about the decision to leave LinkShare is that the email also says, "In addition, Converseon will no longer be managing this account after 5/31." They are dumping 3rd party management.

But, the email also says, "Mikasa.com will also be contacting all of you directly or through a 3rd party within the next few days regarding the future of its affiliate program." So, are they letting somebody else manage it, or are they going to manage it in-house? Pfaltzgraff (also owned by Lifestyle Brands) is managed by account reps at CJ. So, I'm guessing that's where Mikasa is going, but haven't seen them listed at CJ yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Wow - I haven't received this email.
    I received it about 3:30 pm ET this afternoon. It came from Converseon.

Mikasa Migrating to CJ
    Hi all,

The email announcement quoted above is recent. Mikasa / Lifetime Brands has decided to migrate from Linkshare over to CJ, with a launch date of 6/1.

If you'd like to learn more about the Mikasa.com affiliate program on CJ, I encourage you to reach out to Jim at Mikasa.affiliates at lifetimebrands.com . This program will be managed in-house.

Thank you.
    -Robin, Converseon

Hi Robin,

Nice to see you here.

I wrote to Jim yesterday, and received a reply today that they are moving to CJ as of June 1.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Re email this morning, LS ends 6/1 and CJ starts 6/1 so there is NO overlap time to get new links in place.

Even Overstock when they made the same move had a few days of overlap.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread