Deals, Coupons, Hot Products HELP!!
    I just signed up for the Enterprise Version of PopShops because it said you could create a flat data feed for deals, coupons, hot products, etc. Now, I am not a coder and do not know much about datafeeds. I assumed there would be tutorials for how to set up everything. However I am unable to find any "how tos" for setting up the above mentioned pages. Am I overlooking them? What I'd like is to be able to create separate "deal pages" and "hot products pages" for specific products. Thanks.

Also, when using "Shopbuilder" I keyword searched the product I want to build a store for but when I did it did NOT list all of the products that merchant sells. I went to the merchants site and found that there were many many products that were for sale that the Shopbuilder did not return for the keyword search. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by hst151975; May 27th, 2009 at 11:21 AM.

Yes, sadly I'm in California
    Search results are drawn from product titles, NOT the contents of any keyword field or description field in the merchant data feed.

Unless a merchant has added HOT PRODUCT to the title (ick...), PopShops would not have a way of knowing if a product is HOT or not.

I generate PopShops for New Arrivals, $10 or less, Clearance Sale pages etc by hand, watch the inactive products flags, and replace expired products regularly. If there's another way to do this, I'm not aware of it.

There are other services, like GoldenCAN, that provide coupon and price reduction feeds for many merchants.
    Be at peace,

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Ok. Thanks.

Seattle, WA
    We've got deals in Data Pack and are working hard to integrate them into Enterprise as well. If anyone wants to EMAIL ME privately (not private message and not a public post) if they have a "wishlist" of how to manage and integrate deals with PopShops, please do so at support and I'll pass the info on.

Phase one will likely be a simple "show deals" style that will allow you to let your customers know when deals are available from merchants in your shop.

Let's not brainstorm on this thread, though. Send your wish to me so I can document it, etc.

Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] | Merchant requests: merchants [at]
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread