Which PopShops code is best for SEO
    When placing PopShops code into a WordPress page, which code type yields the best results from and SEO standpoint? Javascript, HTML or PHP?

Also can you use the PHP version in a WordPress post (not page)?

Thanks!
    Char

ABW Ambassador
    PHP or html is best for SEO. JavaScript will not show up for the search engines. If you use the html code it will make your page static and you won't be able to take advantage of all the benefits of PS such as it showing inactive products in your shops.

PHP is the way to go.

I'm not sure I am fully understanding your question regarding WordPress. You can use PS in your posts. You will need to use the PS WordPress plugin or something like Exec-PHP WP plugin (that's what I use).

Hope that helps.

Arrow
    Find a WordPress plugin called Sniplets, written by John Godley of Urban Giraffe. With Sniplets, you can embed PopShops PHP code anywhere in a post.

The current version (1.4.3) can be downloaded at http://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/sniplets/
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

I haven't tried Sniplets. It seems when I've looked at it that it's sort of "overkill" for just running php in WP. Seems to have a lot of great features, I don't doubt.

But for simply running php in WP, the Exec-PHP plugin (you can find it easily in the WP plugin directory at wordpress.org) is easier to use. Just my opinion.
    Generate more fake news.

Agreed... Sniplets is extremely feature-rich. I turned to it when other options just didn't do the trick. It has a bit of a learning curve, but when it's all said and done, it's amazingly simple to get running. The simplicity is well hidden, I fear, but it's there in an options menu that seems to fade into the background.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread