I have a merchant who wants to increase his sales. He sells a variety of giftware along lines of china, dishware etc. CJ has rejected his application twice now. He is willing to pay and give it a try. He gets a few sales per day and under 300 hits per day. he is rated around 500,000 on alexa. how else can I help him promote his business?

how about Shareasale a much better choice...

other than that... start an indie program

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Why are you so interested in CJ than other affiliate program providers and ignore the rest of them?

I am hardworking...

Can he afford his own Affiliate program? If so ask him to PM me, I am willing to work with him.

Everyone really needs to STOP promoting the networks. They are going under fast, heck NORTON is killing them off if nothing else.

PROMOTE INDIE PROGRAMS.

SandraR

THanks for your responses. he is on shareasale now and gets a hit here and there, but he thinks the cj is the way to go. I am not sure though. Hmm, I have seen the links to set up the affiliate programs, but how does one do this? SandraR? what do you think? Do you have some ideas as to how I can set this up?

also what is INDIE programs??

Thanks

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

First of all, with the kind of traffic and size of business you're talking about, CJ is probably doing you a favour. Programs like Shareasale are much better for small business and keep the costs under control.

But your problem isn't the network, it's the program. Just one affiliate can send you more than 300 hits a day if you construct a program that's attractive in terms of commission and has either a datafeed or some other tool for generating product links. Look to see what other merchants are doing on ABW - that's the sort of thing that drives sales.

I don't know what merchant you're talking about.. but my guess is that if they're relying on stuff like banners then they are going to get exactly nowhere fast.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I agree with what Dynamoo said.

But for the record, "indie" = independent. In-house.

IMO going indy is a great way to ensure that almost nobody knows about your program, and that everybody who's ever ended up checkless from some other program is leery of you until you have a huge rep built up, and also that your datafeed fits nobody's pre-existing setups.

There ARE some good independents out there, but I find it a lot harder to find out about their merits or flaws because of the lack of posts about any particular one. On the other hand, if a network merchant has done anything noteworthy, good or bad, someone or other will have posted about it here! That gives an extra layer of qualification to network merchants--or at least it does for the ones who are being praised instead of flamed!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Affiliate Manager
    One of the things that merchants need to understand that no network is a "Magic Wand" so to speak. Sales do not automatically start pouring in while you go to the Golf course for the day after you join up with a network. Merchants still have their part to do...

Stay with SAS and get more active here, listen to affiliates... No need to beg CJ to let you give them setup fees, monthly fees, and whatever fees.

Start with a post in the SAS forum about the program, asking for any thoughts, feed back, etc... then go from there.

To Good Health & Wellbeing,

Chet Brzezinski
    eVitamins Affiliate Manager
    http://www.eVitamins.com
    affiliates@evitamins.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But your problem isn't the network, it's the program. Just one affiliate can send you more than 300 hits a day if you construct a program that's attractive in terms of commission and has either a datafeed or some other tool for generating product links. Look to see what other merchants are doing on ABW - that's the sort of thing that drives sales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

here, here. I also agree with Chet,,,either go with a lower-entry cost solution like shareasale, or start your own (indie) program (there are plenty of affiliate scripts out there to run your own.

I wood also advise the merchant that he needs to insure that his site/products are capable of at least a 1% conversion ratio from targeted traffic. Any lower than that, and he's unlikely to attract loyal affiliates in the first place.

Erik

==============================
    Tired of a handful of people having TOTAL power over human-edited directories? Been turned down as an ODP editor? Think that WE can build a BETTER volunteer-based, human-edited search directory? SO DO WE. Help www.BuildtheHive.com create the only truly FAIR human edited directory!

cj,linkshare and so on should not be seen as places to leak traffic. That's not their purpose. I believe your friend needs a full marketing plan or his products will remain unexposed towards both affiliates and surfers.

--------------------
    Tell Mama don't cry. Even when they kill me, They can never take the game from a young G. I'm str8 ballin'

sillygoose, what's the program in SAS? There are many fine folks here that'd take that program to the sky...

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    Forget CJ. Stop sucking up to them, a respectable merchant with a top-notch program to offer does not suck-up to any network.

Keep the current program and focus on promoting the it.

(and make sure it is a damn good program before you do start promoting it).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    But your problem isn't the network, it's the program.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think Dynamoo, jimbo, and the others are right on track here. Your site needs to convert. Your products need to be popular. You need to give the right tools and motivation to your affiliates. Your commission need to be high enough to be worthwhile.

Networks have one huge advantage: Exposure to affiliates. The big three (Linkshare, BeFree, and CJ) have the most exposure. The smaller players have limited exposure. Running an independent program has virtually no exposure.

But exposure isn't everything. If your site and affiliate program isn't right, affiliates will see it and pass (or try it and not generate many sales).

Step one is to make your site, products, and affiliate program appealing. Step two is to get exposure to affiliates.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks.
    He does have fewer than 400 products, so I guess he could use more content.
    When you say conversion factor, you mean how many hits to get a sale? I will have to look at the logs.
    He did do a 60 dollar per month SEO package. I don't know if they did anything though that I couldnt have done. Do SEO's have an inside track to the secrets? THanks for advice again.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread