Bread Crumb Trail/Product Pages
    I have a ton of products but I don't want them all on one page. How do I create a bread crumb trail so customers can cycle through the products?

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by hst151975
    I have a ton of products but I don't want them all on one page. How do I create a bread crumb trail so customers can cycle through the products?
    are you actually using PopShops now?

Arrow
    1 - Click on preferences (the wheel at the top of the right-most column in Shopbuilder).
    2 - Select the Autofeed tab.
    3 - Check the box next to Show navigation: [] at top of page and/or [] at bottom of page

This generates the 'page crumb' block. Products are fed to it based on your original merchant product and category selections.

If you want a word-based breadcrumb for your site, there are PHP code snippets and javascripts out there that will generate them. Those are based on the structure of your site, not the PopShops themselves.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

1 - Click on preferences (the wheel at the top of the right-most column in Shopbuilder).
    2 - Select the Autofeed tab.
    3 - Check the box next to Show navigation: [] at top of page and/or [] at bottom of page

This generates the 'page crumb' block. Products are fed to it based on your original merchant product and category selections.
    This didn't work. I have 87 products on one page and the page is a mile long. I went back into my shop and clicked on the show navigation buttons. It still didn't work. Why would PopShops not have this already built into the system? Who wants to display hundreds of products on one page? This is crazy! So what should I do?

Pagination based on the contents of autofeed can be quite powerful. Yes, it takes some planning to set up, but the functionality is built into PopShops' system already.

Can you be more clear about what it is you're trying to do? Perhaps we can help you reach a solution.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

On the right top corner, if you specify a certain number of columns and row to show on one page, that is what it will show. The rest of the products will then show on subsequent pages. So, e.g. 4 columns X 5 rows is what I normally start off with.

Quote Originally Posted by hst151975
    This didn't work. I have 87 products on one page and the page is a mile long. I went back into my shop and clicked on the show navigation buttons. It still didn't work. Why would PopShops not have this already built into the system? Who wants to display hundreds of products on one page? This is crazy! So what should I do?
    also under preferences: try the tab - unavailable products and click on "replace with a similar product"

It sounds like what you want to do is to hand-pick hundreds of products and have the navigation page through it and certainly you are not the first person who has suggested this. Here is why that is not possible (at this time) and it's best to try and master autofeed as Casey suggested.

1) Hand picked products go "inactive" quickly - keeping up with them is a huge job - if you can go dynamic according to your custom search rules, do it. Trust me.
    2) If you hand pick products and there were never any inactives, then your shop will remain static and new products will not show up (vs autofeed where inactives go away automatically and are replaced by high-click products). SEs like to see some changes when they visit.
    3) Page 1 is the most commonly seen page - for the rest of the pages impressions drop dramatically. This is where I would put "suggested" (hand picked) products.

Jessie

I understand that this is a frequently requested
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

hst151975, start by deciding how many products that you want per page and as Ladidah said, select the controls at the top of the page to specify the number of columns and rows. Keep in mind that you can only select the products for the first page and that the autofeed function will automatically populate the rest of the pages.

Once you've selected the products for the first page, follow Caseyfern's instructions on how to turn on autofeed. Once you've turned autofeed on, select the shop preview button on the upper right to see what your shop will look like. You can now customize the look and feel to your hearts content.

You may find it helpful to review How to use PopShops , while it's pretty easy to get started, all of it's nuances aren't exactly intuitive.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I think we have a pretty detailed post about how to be very specific with AutoFeed here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...537#post926537

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Hey Guys! Thanks for the help. I had to handpick the first page and then set up the autofeed with the navigation. Awesome stuff! Thanks again for the help.

Glad to hear of the breakthrough. It's worth climbing the learning curve, believe me. In fact, the curve is not nearly as steep as other services I've tested. PopShops delivers.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread