Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Need a favor from someone in NYC
    At this year's Affiliate Summit East, CAMA will be presenting a Gospel Brunch at the Cotton Club in Harlem.

Can someone check into cost of round trip subway fare from the Summit hotel to 125th Street Harlem station?

Thanks!
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

http and a telephoto
    Subway is $2 per trip currently. So $4 round trip.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Wade - Loxly is right about the cost and it is only 3 stops from the station near Hilton, even though its 75 blocks away the train goes express from 59th street to 125 street so it would be about 10 minutes in travel time.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Actually the subway is going up to 2.25 in june so it would be $5 round trip
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

?
    $2.25 plus $2.25 equals $5 in NY? Is there a piece that I'm missing? I thought it would be $4.50

or is the math done differently up there? Is there some special type of NY math we need to know about?

Just teasing

LOL you got me doing math with my shoes on and I ran out of fingers. You are correct it would be $4.50.

They also have something called the One Day pass which for about $8 you can ride the subway for 24 hours after the purchase. This may be good if people are gonna sightsee in NY that day after the brunch.

Wade did you book the Cotton Club already? I may have a suggestion on another venue

I have a deposit in - but we're still way out. what do you have in mind? I kind of like the vibe of doing something in Harlem if we can.

Feel free to throw any ideas out though and we'll see what happens.

The Cotton Club gave us a dynamite price for up to 100 people that will let me keep ticket costs super low for a totally private event - so I am leaning hard that way. I know that times are tough and we want as many people as possible to be able to come.

Thanks Falcon and Lox!

I was thinking BBkings near Times Square. I know they have a Gospel brunch every Sunday but I think it starts too late around 130 pm.

http://www.bbkingblues.com/brunch/index.shtml

For those staying several days in the NYC area (especially if you're not at the convention hotel), they have multi-day unlimited passes as well. Public transportation is an awesome way to get around in NYC. It's fast and cheap.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

@nyfalcon - I checked that one out and there were a couple things I didn't like -

* it was way more expensive per person - we're trying to keep the costs down and keep the event approachable for all.
    * they don't have an early seating - and if they were going top open up for us early, they wanted to have it open to the public as well.

I really want to have a more intimate event here where as a group we have the run of the place knowing that all who are in attendance are affiliate marketing folks.

Not to mention that the thought of doing a Gospel Brunch in Harlem was pretty appealing - this Brunch at the Cotton Club is well reviewed and the owner there was super cool about adding a private seating for us.

Thanks for the help on the transportation questions. I think we'll just build the cost of the subway pass into the pricing and make it easy for everyone.

Glad I almost helped

Thanks for the help! Tix are now on sale
    You can pick up tickets for the CAMA Gospel Brunch at the Cotton Club here
    Cost is $30 until July 5th and $35 after.

Hope to see you there.

Wade

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread