Does anyone know if you need a license of some type to resell items from brands such as kangol, von dutch, nike, reebok etc...? I tried to contact the companies but its hard to get an answer from them. Was hoping someone here would know. For instance von dutch has a way to high minumum purchase requirment. But I have a source that sells authentic von dutch apparel for a more reasonable minumum purchase. I don't see why I couldn't by from them and then resell on my site, its authentic so I would be making money for von dutch. Anyone know if I can do this. Thanks

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If you accept payment for any product you have to have a resellers Tax ID# and occupational license. Call you local city hall.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

iblazed,

If the sales are done via an affiliate relationship (third party), no. If you are taking physical delivery of the items, marking them up and shipping, yes.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I agree with Haiko and Mike...

having said that... why would you want the headache of "owning" a real store?

when being an affiliate a lot less stressful...
    and you will make more money with less work!

Take it form someone who has spent the past 35+ years with a brick and mortor business...

this is not something you want to do!

Just the fact that you have a problem with the minimum purchase requirements... tells me this.

Most companies have minimum requirements to keep people like you from bothering them...

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

I don't have a problem with minimum purchase requirements for any of the brands Im offering except for von dutch in paticular whose minimum is $25000 I think thats absurd. But I have a supplier that sells authentic von dutch apparel for a more reasonable minumum purchase. I do have a tax id # and I will be taking physical delivery of the items, marking them up and then shipping them. So I should be able to resell the brand without getting in trouble correct? Joe thanks for your response 35+ years in the business is impressive. I hope I can make it that long. Thanks

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread