Manage your own product feeds!
    I noticed the little note on the main CJ publisher page this morning that you can now manage your own product feed subscriptions. I have to say, this is something I've been waiting for. I created a few subscriptions for some of my sites and looks pretty good so far. I'll have to reserve complete judgment til I can work on my script to download the files.

But so far, I give it a
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Awesome, I just saw it.

ABW Ambassador
    and dont forget the price.... finally reduced ;-)

I set one of these up today and it gave me schduling options; once/today, weekly, when updated, etc.

But now when I try to set more up, there is no scheduling option. Am I missing something somewhere along the line?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    you cannot schedule merchants that allready have scheduled

I've always been confused about CJ datafeeds. Are they still charging to set up use of their datafeeds? Or whatever they used to charge for.

Or, does self-management mean I can simply set up a subscription to a feed for one of my CJ merchants and now use their datafeed without paying that $200 or $400 or whatever the fee was??

I tried using the lame "Help" files in my CJ account and can't even find the discussion of datafeeds and fees.

Confused
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    I set one of these up today and it gave me schduling options; once/today, weekly, when updated, etc.

But now when I try to set more up, there is no scheduling option. Am I missing something somewhere along the line?
    Interesting. I experienced some bugs yesterday with the scheduling options. Today I don't see any scheduling options when creating a new export. They probably pushed out a new code version last night that disabled this buggy feature. I think they should have done a little more testing before letting this go live. I'm extremely pleased with this functionality, but there are issues...

The biggest issue I see... I personally want "export when updated", but, when I setup an export, I want the most current feed version to appear, even if it hasn't been updated recently. I've got 249 feeds. After 24 hours, only 149 of them have been copied to the export folder. How could the developer working on this feature not realize that all feeds should be copied "once" to start the process????? Its like saying, yeah, I want merchant XYZ's feed, but I can wait 30 days till they update it...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Or, does self-management mean I can simply set up a subscription to a feed for one of my CJ merchants and now use their datafeed without paying that $200 or $400 or whatever the fee was??
    Uh huh. Simply go to your Account tab and select Services and you'll see a button that says Create Product Export. Select it, fill in the blanks and you're on your way without spending a penny. What a concept.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Erggghhh, Another issue..... They send me an e-mail when each feed is updated. 149 emails in the last 24 hours. How do you turn that off?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    The biggest issue I see... I personally want "export when updated", but, when I setup an export, I want the most current feed version to appear, even if it hasn't been updated recently. I've got 249 feeds. After 24 hours, only 149 of them have been copied to the export folder. How could the developer working on this feature not realize that all feeds should be copied "once" to start the process????? Its like saying, yeah, I want merchant XYZ's feed, but I can wait 30 days till they update it...
    Yes, I agree. There should be a one time copy of all feeds. I have dozens of feeds that were updated for the last time in April, March,.... There is no way to get these feeds in my account until they update. I've submitted support ticket. But for the rest I like this interface and way of working much better.

Quote Originally Posted by stev
    Yes, I agree. There should be a one time copy of all feeds. I have dozens of feeds that were updated for the last time in April, March,.... There is no way to get these feeds in my account until they update. I've submitted support ticket. But for the rest I like this interface and way of working much better.
    I haven't had the same issue. I chose to receive feeds when they updated (when the scheduling options were still available) and I received the latest feed from each merchant within minutes, even those that haven't been updated in months. So it appears that the way it's supposed to work is that regardless of which scheduling option you select, you should always receive the most recent feed immediately.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Well I just did a stupid - I converted over and deleted my old 'combined' feed and then I saw the link to get a new password - so I naturally clicked it. Now I'm ready to look for my new feed files and get them integrated into my update process --- where do I get my new password (ARRGH) - another fun problem I see is that while it tried to build me my initial update files - the message box to the right speaks to a JavaScript error during the process. Aren't updates fun?

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by micheck
    Well I just did a stupid - I converted over and deleted my old 'combined' feed and then I saw the link to get a new password - so I naturally clicked it. Now I'm ready to look for my new feed files and get them integrated into my update process --- where do I get my new password (ARRGH) - another fun problem I see is that while it tried to build me my initial update files - the message box to the right speaks to a JavaScript error during the process. Aren't updates fun?
    Welcome to stupid land!

I almost did the same thing, but I tried just two feed first...

I think the password they're talking about is the password for your FTP server, so they can send you the feeds there instead of by email, but since I am not sure yet, I haven't mess with that option yet!

I noticed that now there a five different ways to get the feeds, so I am trying one at the time, just in case I screw it up.

They have had this set up for a while, but the techs would have to start each feed off for you. The no charge has been around for some time too, but they didn't promote it. That's probably due to them working on this self-serv.

I've been getting the small feeds instead of the combined and using the XML format which works for me until the self-serv started. Now they are showing "&" instead of "&" which is an invalid character in XML. Now they all crash my script that grabs the feed and puts it in the database.

The tech guy is working on it since Monday, but no solution yet. I may have to go to "|" if they keep this up. It will be sweet when the bugs are gone.

Hats off to the CJ techs as the problems listed in my post above have been solved. & is now & They hadn't notified me but checked 3 feeds that are now OK.

I think you can configure this any one of several ways:
    - They PUSH it to you
    - You PULL it from them
    - You get it via email

I've always favored the pull myself
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Has anyone received a setting/method/way around the problem that 'ISELLSTUFF' brought up - namely, how do you get all of your feeds at least one-time even if they haven't updated since the new system kicked in (or you signed up for it)

Charles

Has anyone received a setting/method/way around the problem that 'ISELLSTUFF' brought up - namely, how do you get all of your feeds at least one-time even if they haven't updated since the new system kicked in (or you signed up for it)

Charles
    I had a running conversation with CJ support about this, but it looks as though the ticket was resolved, even though I didn't think any conclusion was reached.

CJ tech support seemed to imply that I should take a "one time" snapshot, then use the real-time update option. They told me I would have to delete my current export in order to get the "one time" option. I'm tired of messing around with this issue, I'm up to 199 feeds, I hope CJ realizes that rolling out buggy functionality like this is causing a loss of sales....

Perhaps if you have too many feeds, too large of feeds, or one particular bad feed (zero size?), the initial update fails. Tech support seemed to think think that an initial, seed update was supposed to take place, but then again I know for a fact that they didn't really know how it all worked based on my conversations and some of the ludicrous assertions they made.

After having my own conversation with CJ client support I am going to TRY to patch my old un-updated data (40%) from my CJ merchants with the data from new, updated data merchants and limp through my system update this week - as more of the merchants update their data feeds, I'll be able to switch them to the new system and use their new data. All merchants - if you have an update in the works - the sooner, the better! - because CJ can't push out your un-updated data even as an initial snapshot.

Charles

because CJ can't push out your un-updated data even as an initial snapshot.
    Was this the final word from support? Do they have plans to fix this issue? I was hoping that it was just a bug, but if it is "the way it works" then that might explain the sudden termination of my support request...

They didn't say 'final word' but it sure sounded like they couldn't think of a fix they could/would employ - 'email all your merchants and suggest they upgrade ...' was the best I heard.

'email all your merchants and suggest they upgrade ...' was the best I heard.
    I've been amazed at how old some of the datafeeds are... Now that we have insight into the "last updated" date on a per-merchant basis, some "lack of sales" issues have become obvious. My all time winner...

"Sea Eagle Inflatable Boats" - Last Updated 26-Sep-2003 14:20 PDT !!!!

They have a 7 day EPC of $80, but it certainly isn't coming from their datafeed...

"Sea Eagle Inflatable Boats" - Last Updated 26-Sep-2003 14:20 PDT !!!!
    Where is that Last Update information? I just looked around and the only place I see it is in the feed itself, and that's a feed in the new system.

Under Account -> Services, click on export name in the Name(ID) column. The hyperlink above Edit|Delete

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    Under Account -> Services, click on export name in the Name(ID) column.
    OK I see it and thanks. Was hoping it was a way to see the last update prior to subscribing to the feed.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread