Hi again,

How can I tell what are the best merchant programs to join? Are they necessarily the ones with the highest commission rating? What are the most popular items. IT is so hard to tell.

Do you think it is best to keep a site according to one theme, like weight loss, or furniture, or keep a variety of goodies on the site?

Thanks in advance

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sillygoose:
    How can I tell what are the best merchant programs to join? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

Since you asked, look at my signature

<font face="Arial" size="2">Andy Rodriguez, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services</font>
    <font size="2" face="Arial">E: doc@andyrodriguez.com | P: (305) 412-3512 | AIM &amp; MSN: AffiliateDoctor | ICQ: 175010
    www.andyrodriguez.com - Get on my team, sign up for my newsletter, learn and earn!</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial">Programs Managed - Join Now! >> Superstore-Electronics.com | SurplusComputers.com | BestForeignParts.com | 5DollarSoftware.com | BettyMills.com</font>

ABW Ambassador
    As far as good programs go, most here on ABW are all excellent. Which ones you use depends really on your sites content and how well they would fit with your site.

If you're doing a "mall type" site, then you can't go wrong with most of the merchants here on ABW. If in doubt, look for the "trusted seal". Hard to go wrong promoting merchants that have the ABW trusted seal designation.

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    What was the question ?

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

sillygoose... guess you got your answer...

just look at the opening page of ABW and pick a few... the most of the best affiliate managers on the net are here at ABW!

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

There is no "best" program to join. There are dozens of good programs. I suggest you find either:
    1. An area where there is so much money involved that you can find a little bit of traffic and eek out a few hundred or even thousand per month. For example: Satellite tv, debt consolidation, mortgages ... and dozens of others
    2. Find a niche area where there are very few competitors. This makes it easier to find traffic, but it is hard to find these areas and there are not usually any good affiliate programs (you might be able to arrange a private deal with a merchant). I don't have any examples of this because all my examples are secret!

Do you know which affiliate programs can make you 5-10k per month? http://www.profitpuppy.com/top-affiliates.htm

Affiliate Manager
    I'd always suggest travel

However, if you are looking for hard products- take a quick look around and you'll soon be so busy you won't have time to set up anyone who isn't active in here!

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network

A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

"Hard to go wrong promoting merchants that have the ABW trusted seal designation."

Pets-warehouse is on that list. So much for the ABW trusted seal.

There are so many to chose from, I suggest you try a couple of free to join programs to start with.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sillygoose:
    Hi again,

How can I tell what are the best merchant programs to join? Are they necessarily the ones with the highest commission rating? What are the most popular items. IT is so hard to tell.

Do you think it is best to keep a site according to one theme, like weight loss, or furniture, or keep a variety of goodies on the site?

Thanks in advance<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look on the Bus
    LookBus.com

I think people sell products they like the best, so I would find something you like and that you feel strongly about and start there. I sell Audible better than any other productI have ever marketed because I just absolutely love the product. I've sold lots of things and done well, but I can tell you Audible is different for me.

Ask yourself what are your hobbies. Hiking, skiing, sports, travel, cars, etc and start there.All the merchants on this board are good with stong programs.

Cheers,

Beth

Audible
    Providing you tools to earn more cash!
    www.audible.com/affiliates

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread