ABW Ambassador
    Hello,

Posting this here since not all of us look way down in the Search Engine forum.

You can get a preview of what your SE rankings in Yahoo will be (when it uses INK) by doing a regular yahoo search and then appending a &tmpl=E088 at the end of the string.

Thus, a multi-word search will look like this in the address bar :

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=wor...ord3&tmpl=E088

Got this little tip over at WebMaster World.

Hope you find it useful and "educational".

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting results. Pages of my bicycle touring site come up 1 & 2 on both Google & Yahoo. My book review site, #5 on Google doesn't appear in the top 1000 on Yahoo using the same search term.

I think there may be a pretty severe hit in traffic when Yahoo abandons Google but it doesn't lessen my conviction that multiple and competing search engines will be an asset in the long run.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    Hurry up and switch, one of my sites i have 3 listings on first page

I was reading same thing over at WMW. Jim it's only $25 after the first page

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Jim it's only $25 after the first page <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly affordable for a 3500 page content site!

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    True, luckily INK grabs all my sites except one, which i've paid for some pages.

Checking the results is a little weird if this is in fact going to be new Yahoo index. Some results look almost identical to MSN/INK and some others look totally off. Next month we'll know for sure

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    Awesome! I hope they stay that way. I'm nowhere to be found in Google and on the new Yahoo I've got a number 1 on one major keyword and I'm first page on another that I checked. Here's hoping they make the switch soon!

Wow!! A bunch of my pages that have completely vanished from Google are there on the first page! How long till the switch?!?!?!?!

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    True, luckily INK grabs all my sites except one, which i've paid for some pages.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't there a topic that discussed how sites weren't getting spidered by the regular INK spider once you paid for a listing ?

Very strange results on some keywords I have been following for years. The results are relevant just in a totally different order. The top site at google(and it shold be the top one) is #9 at Yahoo.

In a way I like it because it looks different than google, which may get more people to use it .

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

Wow...what a bunch of spammy crap.

I hope they do make the switch soon. It will cement Google's lead in relevance (and I thought it was getting bad...they have nothing to worry about).

Actually, I see much better results from altavista then I do Ink...maybe Yahoo should look at that. With results like those, visitors will be driven to google in droves.

Erik

==============================
    Tired of a handful of people having TOTAL power over human-edited directories? Been turned down as an ODP editor? Think that WE can build a BETTER volunteer-based, human-edited search directory? SO DO WE. Help www.BuildtheHive.com create the only truly FAIR human edited directory!

This is bizarre

I have two poster sites, one from way back using my ISPs webspace which grew a bit like topsy (my first real affiliate income of any mention) and a more recent one with a purpose created domain name which is an attempt to replicate the original site and more in a more structured and manageable fashion from the ground up.

Now I have been struggling to get the purpose built site to perfom as well as the original one on my ISPs web space. (My theory is that Google probably likes my ISPs domain name as it does host quite a few content rich home page type sites owned by other users, but this is another story).

However looking at Yahoo with the magic &tmpl=E088
    my ISP site which was at 1 for a particular search is nowhere with E088 but suddenly the purpose created domain which was invisible on Yahoo suddenly creeps in at 14

The content of both pages is different but not that different.

Go figure.

ABW Ambassador
    Mixed results for my websites, but there are a lot of low quality results on many keywords I am following...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread