Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lakers or Magic?
    The NBA Finals are set with Lakers vs. Magic...Who ya Got?

I think L.A. is soft inside and that Howard should dominate in the paint. The Magic play great defense and the only way to beat them in my opinion is good ball movement. If Kobe tries to do too much it will catch up with him in this series...I like Orlando in 6.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    If Howard powers out and comes out swinging, I'll be ordering my Magic Gear Quick!

If not, then well ................

Dwight will set the pace without a doubt...

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    You guys sound like all those experts who had the Lakers being wiped off the court by Denver. Did anyone actually see the LA-Denver game 6?

As I said before the season began, the Lakers have by far the best, deepest team in the NBA and the "Magic" will need just that to stretch the series to six.

James, Howard, Wade, etc. are all great players, but Kobe is by far still number one, and his leadership alone, as he demonstrated Friday night, is enough to pull out close, key games. Gasol, Odom, and Ariza are playing like monsters, Luke Walton and Shannon Brown provide tremendous vigor and intensity when they come in, and slowly but surely, Andrew Bynum (who missed three+ months up to the start of the playoffs) is rounding into form.

Boston was a shell of the team that won the title last year, and Cleveland is the most over-rated group of journeymen to get to a conference championship series in years. It did not take that good of a team to win the east, and the Lakers will prove that in 5 games.

I'll have a lot more to say on my sports blog.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; May 31st, 2009 at 02:52 AM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I think the series goes to Game 7. The Magic win in the 2nd OT.

Outsourced Program Manager
    It all depends on the first 2 games to me, if the Magic can steal one then I think they got it in 6....
    Best Regards,

Jon Nunez | President | AffiliateManager.com
    P: (682) 478-5882 | F: (407) 650-2820 |E: jon@affiliatemanager.com
    2013 Pinnacle Awards Affiliate Manager of the Year | LinkedIn
    Managed Programs | Request a Quote | Referral Program

Affiliate Manager
    The season was over for me when the Mavericks lost. Yeah, yeah, I know, another short season. Always next year.

Red face
    How about the T-Wolves? I think Magic is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfinch
    I think the series goes to Game 7. The Magic win in the 2nd OT.
    That sounds like my kind of sports.
    Keep it close & tight, long & competitive and all the fans on the edge
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

This series will be decided not inside the paint, but outside the arc.

Howard will get his points, regardless. That will not shape the series. What will, will be the Lakers' perimeter defense, defending the real strength of the Magic offense - their three-point shooting.

Orlando shot more threes per game than any other NBA team except NY, and tied with the Knicks for the most made, during the regular season, and they have continued their dependence on three-pointers through the playoffs. Interestingly enough, while the Lakers were the third best defense against the three during the regular season, the second best was Orlando, with Cleveland first. During the playoffs, however, the Lakers have been just ahead of Orlando in three-point defense, and second to Detroit, while Cleveland fell to 12th - a major reason for their losing to Orlando.

Key matchups to watch will be Tevor Ariza on Hedo Turkoglu, and whomever the Lakers put on Mickael Pietrus. Most likely Kobe will draw that assignment, but I have a feeling Ariza will end up there, with Lamar Odom switching to Turkoglu, so long as Gasol and especially Bynum do reasonably well on Howard.

The possibility now that Jameer Nelson may be healthy enough to see action is an interesting new element to factor in.

Another interesting fact is that in a changing league that traditionally depended on the NCAA "farm system", seven of the ten starters did not attend college.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Affiliate Manager Bradley.Senkovich's Avatar
    Your right hound.

It comes down to everything past the arc. But in game 1 and 2 Magic ony hit 30% of their shots?

Game 2 was really disappointing. a single missed layup could have ended the game instead of being dragged to OT and lost 101-96 Lakers.

I am and forever will be a Magic fan! I was maybe 6 years old when the franchise started in Orlando. I grew up with scotty skiles and Shaquille O'Niel and Catman! I also remember the time Orlando newspaper put a form out to everyone. "Name your team" remember i was six at the time... orlando magic was just too cool for school. I think the other choices were like "s" or "tropics"...

So in essence GO MAGIC!!! I agree, Game 7 Overtime we got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley.Senkovich
    Your right hound.

It comes down to everything past the arc. But in game 1 and 2 Magic ony hit 30% of their shots?

Game 2 was really disappointing. a single missed layup could have ended the game instead of being dragged to OT and lost 101-96 Lakers.

I am and forever will be a Magic fan! I was maybe 6 years old when the franchise started in Orlando. I grew up with scotty skiles and Shaquille O'Niel and Catman! I also remember the time Orlando newspaper put a form out to everyone. "Name your team" remember i was six at the time... orlando magic was just too cool for school. I think the other choices were like "s" or "tropics"...

So in essence GO MAGIC!!! I agree, Game 7 Overtime we got it!

I love this guy^^^^

GO MAGIC!!!
    Best Regards,

Yeah, Go Magic!

game 3: 108-104 Magic

Its funny when you actually watch a game where the team actually plays like a team, ya? They held it all together.

is there anyone planning to go to the game tonight or sunday? or even a sports bar to watch it?

of course I am, I bleed dark blue!
    Best Regards,

Lakers in 6...
    Coming from the Left Coast...Lakers in 6!

its OK... this game just means that my affirmation of game 7 magic winning in OT

Ben – The AIM Group
    Lakers take it tonight

LAKERS are champs, in five.

Now who was it that picked the Lakers in 5? See Posts #3 and #9.

damn. There's always next year.

Now who was it that picked the Lakers in 5? See Posts #3 and #9.
    Tip of the cap to you AffiliateHound. You were correct in your prediction and also that the series would be decided on the outside. The Lakers defended Hedo well along with Rashard Lewis who wasn't nearly as much of a factor as he was in the Cleveland series.

The series was a lot closer than it may have appeared with two overtime games, but the Magic just weren't ready to win it all this year. I should've known better that Kobe would not lose in 3 Finals appearances in a row for him. Normally I would say a team like this (Orlando) should have many other chances, but with the Shaq to Cleveland talks heating up, I'm not so sure about that.

Enjoy!

Shaq to Cleveland insignificant, Howard outplays him regularly although he does give them a body to put on him. I think Oneal would actually inspire Howard to do better...

Now Turkoglu opting for free agency, now that's scary!
    Best Regards,

Sorry but that series was week! Cleveland would be upstopable with Shaq, the dept of there bench in the low post game would be very hard to stop and you lebron is money from the outside. Would be interesting to see. I think The Heat could go all the way next year if they picked up Stadamere (Check spelling) from the Suns.

Thanks, David.

I see Orlando having significant problems next season. As Jon said, they will not be the same team with out Turkoglu. Also, will Jameer Nelson be healthy next year? Rafer Alston is a journeyman who played well in a pinch, but he is not a front-line starting point guard for a championship team, and, if he does not start, he will be an unhappy camper on the bench.

Turkoglu is the guy that made their offense diverse and effective and they will lose a lot without him. He also did the best job of any Magic player guarding Kobe(, and I think Van Gundy made a major error not staying with that defensive alignment).

Five different teams were east champs in the past five years. It would not surprise me for that to be six in six.

Lakers or Magic?
    I am new to this forum, still learning a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast