Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CSN Shops - change to individual urls
    I got this letter from Popshops today.

I did not get any email from CSN so this is the first I have heard. I am posting this just in case others didn't either.

CSN Stores has been removed from the ShopBuilder merchant list. It will soon (in the few days) be replaced by individual listings for each store (e.g., “CSN – MoreKitchenAppliances”).

Your current links should still function (assuming the products are still in stock…), but I will be disabling the old feed a week after the new feeds become available, so don’t wait too long to swap your links out.
    My question is: If you are part of the main CSN store, you are automatically enrolled for the individual stores? I hope I don't have to add each store in one-by-one to my list of shops?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    My question is: If you are part of the main CSN store, you are automatically enrolled for the individual stores?
    I'm sure that will be the case.

Though there will be a ton of work to update shops, this is a major improvement, so you can keep products in the individual CSN store you want (especially since different stores carry different commission rates for the same product.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

As far as how you enroll in CSN stores, everything remains the same. Certainly check with them to find out.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Jessie - how soon until the new CSN feed will be active?

Their removal puts a MAJOR crimp in my current projects.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

As the indexer catches up, you will start seeing them, trickle in. There are hundreds, but my guess is they will all be in by EOD.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    As the indexer catches up, you will start seeing them, trickle in. There are hundreds, but my guess is they will all be in by EOD.

Jessie
    Great. Thanks.

(I was worried we were talking days, or weeks, not hours.)

Edit: A few dozen have just shown up!

Hey Everyone,

In case you are checking the PopShops forum instead of the CSN one, I wanted to let you know that I have responded on the CSN forum which you can find below:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...62&postcount=6

I realize this will be a good deal of work at first for anyone using PopShops, and I apologize that I did not get the message out sooner, but I am confident that this change will help our affiliate base.

-madeleine

I'm a bit confused with this changeover. I've done some "spot checking" on CSN Stores products in my shops and all seem to be working fine. I don't have any inactive products currently showing in my dashboard.

So when will these links stop working? Or if I do need to remove all products and reselect them, when is the time right to do so?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    So when will these links stop working? Or if I do need to remove all products and reselect them, when is the time right to do so?
    Joyaz,

The switch over should be done by the end of the week. You may be seeing products now, but the switch is in the process of happening. PopShops has already created individual feeds for all of our master stores (check this post for spefics on the store list: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...95&postcount=8), which means that the products are available to start switching them over. We realize this is a lot of work for affiliates, but in order to ensure that you don't miss any traffic due to dead links, the sooner you switch over the better.

-madeleine

Okay, thanks, things are clearer now. I just checked the Popshops dashboard again and saw that CSN Stores was missing from my filter, so I had to go in and edit the filter to select the CSN feeds I wanted.

This sure makes my filtered list of "my merchants" LOOOOONG. I wish all the CSN feeds could be hidden away under one main heading and expanded when I want in a "tree view" to avoid so much scrolling.

I think rather than sort results alphabetically I'll now be changing to sorting by # of results.

Guess I know what I'll be doing today!

Also I found out the hard way after editing my filter 3 or 4 times that you might as well select ALL of the CSN feeds for your filter.

I didn't think I would need "CSN Sheds" or "CSN Every Pressure Washer" but I found products like an inline skate rack and a tennis equipment rack in them (?). Before I had never paid attention to what feeds my CSN products came from. I have found some products in more than one feed so it's a bit trickier making sure you don't choose duplicates.

I do think this will be better in the long run.

And sometimes the CSN feeds are coming up grouped under one header (just not after a search) like I wanted, so that's good.

Editing shops with CSN Stores products just became more difficult today. Yesterday I could open a shop for editing, click on "CSN Stores" in the left panel and immediately see which products to delete and replace as they were highlighted on the right.

Today "CSN Stores" doesn't come up anymore on the left so I can't identify which products to eliminate.

Guess I have to just dump everything from the Products list and then quickly go in and refill the stores. I liked yesterday's process of doing one shop at a time better.

If you write me, I will make it visible for you. We just don't want new stores being created with a defunt feed.

Jessie
    Last edited by JessieJ; June 4th, 2009 at 03:23 PM.
    Jessie Jones

Thanks, Jessie, but it turned out to be a good thing. It forced me to just delete all the products at once and then replace them a shop at a time.

Done!

(I sorted by number of products so that I could "fix" the shops left with only a couple of items first. That worked well for me.)

I tried to edit two shops today, but each of the separated shops that I opened to pick products from showed products from multiple unrelated CSN stores. Rather than need to do it all over again, I left it until another time. I have not been able to get a decent connection to work with since this announcement - until this morning. I don't want to be half way finished with changes and then have everything freeze up so when it takes several minutes to load, I just close it.
    I see that I will need to come back and try again when the feeds are separated. So far the shops are still showing the same as they were.

I'm pissed. I am packing and moving the same week that we are expected to do this. Not a very long window to accomplish this.

Landplanfran, the switch-over has been officially postponed until the last week of August because of your move.

2busy, can you please send matt (merchants@popshops.com) details about that issue? Which store feeds were they, etc.

Thanks,
    Jessie
    Jessie Jones

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    ... the switch-over has been officially postponed until the last week of August ...
    Seriously? 3 MONTHS to get it done?

Let me clarify. We won't disable the feed until then. It should not affect anyone who is switching over now, just give more time to do the switching.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones

Great. Thank you.

Hi Jessie,
    I sent in a support ticket early this morning around 8:00 AM (PopShops #XXE-496620) but it's for a different issue. No trouble to send the multi-shop details to Matt though. I took screen shots but don't like to send unexpected attachments.

What happened today is the same issue as before: I remove things and replace them and then in "Customize" I have two different views, one with the removed products and one without them; but the one that shows up online is still showing the removed (unavailable) products and adds rows and incomplete rows.

Lightbulb Clarification correction
    Sorry for the mixed messages, but here's the final word on the disabling of the old CSN Stores feed: it will be disabled on Tuesday, June 30th and all product links from it will become inactive.

But we strongly urge you not to wait that long to update your shops with links from the individual CSN feeds. Keep in mind that the old feed is not being updated, so any links you currently have from it are getting staler by the day. (On a related note, the feed is now listed as "CSN Stores - OLD" on your dashboard Products tab.)

There are currently 279 people with links from the old feed in their shops. My son Lucas turns six on June 26th; when he blows out the candles on his birthday cake, he will be wishing that in four days, that number will be a big fat "0". Please do your part to help make his birthday wish come true.

~Matt

Matt,
    I hope to help make your sons' wish come true, unfortunately I posted back in February about being able to re-create shops using the same keywords.

At last look there is no way for users to know what keywords were used when a shop was created, this poses a problem for those of us who have several merchants in an old shop to be able to get the same results in the new shop.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ
    Sorry for the mixed messages, but here's the final word on the disabling of the old CSN Stores feed: it will be disabled on Tuesday, June 30th and all product links from it will become inactive.
    THIS IS NOT FAIR, JUST, or RIGHT!!! JessieJ said EXPLICITLY four days ago that we would have until the END OF AUGUST, and NOW 80 days are reduced to 20!!!

NOT FAIR!!!!!

Sounds like I'm not the only one with a youngster at home (although any good tantrum really should include the face).

In all seriousness, AffiliateHound, you are kidding, right? I assume so, since no affiliate would want to keep stale links up any longer than absolutely necessary.

Remember folks: just because the landing page links from an old feed aren't disabled doesn't mean the products they link to are still in stock or at the same price.

~Matt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast