Strange Affiliate Link
    We have an affiliate in our program that up until today I have never seen them send any traffic. I wanted to see the ad so I clicked on the last page clicked link and it shows my site with one of there URL's which is a little concerning. I would include the link but I don't want to get slammed , but should I be concerned?
    Last edited by tbonehwd; June 2nd, 2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Affiliate Manager
    Sounds like they framed the site....whether that's good or bad is up to you.

I am not sure how I feel about it... Should I be concerned will it hurt anything?

Affiliate Manager
    A frame by itself won't harm anything but you may want to see if they're doing anything dirty behind the scenes.

15 years and counting
    You should never let an affiliate (or anybody else) frame your site. It's never good.
    People were doing that a long time ago, so this code snipset become so popular on all the sites that framing mostly disappeared.
    Use this js

http and a telephoto
    I thought framing was not allowed in the SAS network TOS, will go re-read. We don't allow it in any of our programs. Going to double check all our TOS now....

Tracking doesn't always work in frames either, but you got the click registered so that shows that SAS tracking works in frames.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    I only see frames mentioned in the fraud section of the Shareasale Terms of Service, will be changing all my merchants TOS today to reflect NOT allowing affiliates to frame the merchant website.
    Deborah Carney

Thank you everyone... This is the first time something like this has happened what would be the best way to tell them to stop?

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    As of this moment I don't put my merchants links in frames, but I am thinking about doing just that for a very specific reason. No need to mention which site but here is the scenario, I and a certain group of products such as skirts and the products come from many merchants and are grouped so you can search in what I hope is a logical manner and find the one you are looking for, by color, size, style whatever. Anyway there are a bunch grouped ona page, what is displayed for each product is a picture, name and brand.

Anyway, people find the product they want and click on it and takes them to the merchant. What I am thinking of doing is to simply put that link in a frame with the merchant site/product page on top and any coupon codes on the bottom. This seems to be a legitimate purpose to use frames and I think will work very nicely. Ifr you can come up with another solution that'll work as well let me know.

All I'm saying, Loxly, is that just because a merchant site is put into a frame it doesn't mean that there isn't a legitimate reason to do it. It should be handled on a case by case basis.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

http and a telephoto
    Oranges, there is a difference between framed and completely framed. The site mentioned above is completely framing the site invisibly. That is not allowed.

And for my merchants and programs, no framing is allowed. I know there are "legitimate" reasons for doing so, but for my programs it's a "no go". No framing of the merchant website content. Period.

If someone wants an exclusion they can ask, but I will probably say no. And watch your TOS per network and per merchant, mostly framing *can* break tracking and is against most TOS.
    Deborah Carney

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread