PPC and Super Affiliates
    I saw a post on PPC dying. Then I saw a thread on Super Affiliates. I guess many people know of Amit Mehtah and Howie and Jeff Johnson and blah blah blah and any one of the 50 "gurus" that I get an email from every day.

I guess Jax Lin is a Super Affiliate (REMOVED LINK DROP] ). I think he knows some of the other guys, because I got the "PPC/CPA BS Guide" from his site and it seems to expose some of the BS tactics used sales emails from the "gurus". Pretty funny read.
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; June 2nd, 2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: 1st post link drop > ban warning

Really? It wasn't my first post, just been awhile since I've been on the board here. And it wasn't an affiliate link, so what's the issue? How else are you supposed to share interesting non-affiliate link things?

LinxTy,

It was your first post and a link drop, the moderator action was justified. To answer your second post - site.com/link.htm is the best way to share links.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Ok, sorry. I did see a post I did in 2006 though...so it's been awhile.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Seen this same post on LinkedIn, looks like you are trolling forums/blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Seen this same post on LinkedIn, looks like you are trolling forums/blogs.
    Oh really? You saw a post on LinkedIn pertaining to PPC or Affiliates? Surprising.

Sorry, but you are absolutely 100% incorrect sir (about the trolling part). Next time you attempt to call someone out as a troll, make sure the "linkedin" post you are referring to is exactly the same and points to the same url that I tried to offer up as help. You can ask the mod what the site/url was or I'll give it to you in PM so you can confirm for yourself.

The link points to this post and is in the Marketers Vs Programmers Group on LinkedIn. That's how I found this thread. Seems transparent to me! Btw, I am a mod...

The link points to this post and is in the Marketers Vs Programmers Group on LinkedIn. That's how I found this thread. Seems transparent to me! Btw, I am a mod...
    Yes I know you're a mod. That doesn't matter at all. You still need to show facts and not just throw up your opinion and refer to someone in a derogatory way.

I'm not following your logic. I'm not a member of a Marketers Vs Programmers Group, and still don't see how anyone pointing to this particular conversation would make me a "troll". Aren't many people viewing this thread? Couldn't anyone have posted a link to this thread? And what was the context of the Linkedin thread that referred to this thread? Was it funny? Was it used as fodder in a "programmer" vs "marketer" war?

Post the LinkedIn thread here so we can look at it. "Seems transparent to me"? What exactly is transparent? Sorry dude, but you incorrectly called me out as a troll without any logical argument other than "I'm a mod", so I want you to either back it up or admit that you were just tossing up an incorrect assumption. "I'm a mod" doesn't give you license to make any half baked statement you want.

Settle down Francis!

PPC and Super Affiliates

I saw a post on PPC dying. Then I saw a thread on Super Affiliates. I guess many people know of Amit Mehtah and Howie and Jeff Johnson and blah blah blah and any one of the 50 "gurus" that I get an email from every day. I guess Jax
    Marketers Vs Programmers is a group that you have to join to see the post so it does not good to point to it.

My apology for using the word troll, the jury can ignore that comment and it will be stricken from the record.

Settle down Francis!
    Dude, you don't work for ToolKing anymore. Stop being such a tool. (Unless the above quote is from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, in which case I take it back and you get 2 cool points.)

I'm intrigued now to see why this thread was posted on LinkedIn. I just applied to join that group. Damn my curiosity. I'll see you at AdTech if you're going in a few months...I'll buy you a beer (I'm buying, you're paying :-) )

Haven't been at ToolKing for over 4 years funny you remember. The quote is from the movie Stripes with Bill Murray. Won't be at AdTech, you can buy me a beer at Affiliate Summit.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread