Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Brazil finds Air France wreckage, all feared dead
    That is pretty sad..
    At least they can move on to the recovery stage
    http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...5501PB20090603

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Brazilian military planes found wreckage on Tuesday from an Air France jet that crashed in the Atlantic Ocean with 228 people aboard, the airline's worst disaster in its 75-year history.

Brazilian Defense Minister Nelson Jobim said there was "no doubt" that a 5-km (3-mile) strip of debris in the high seas was from the Airbus A330 that went missing in stormy weather early on Monday. Experts were certain that all aboard died.

"The remains, the wreckage, are from the Air France plane," a somber Jobim said at a news conference in Rio de Janeiro, where the plane took off for Paris on Sunday night.

Distraught relatives who had been praying for a miracle said they had given up.

"The last bit of hope that we had no longer exists ... Before a lot of us were hoping that the plane could have landed on an island or something like that, but no more," said Aldair Gomes, whose son was on the plane.

Airplane seats, an orange buoy, wiring, pieces of metal and fuel stains were spotted in the water by Brazilian air force pilots about 1,200 km (745 miles) northeast of the coastal city of Recife.

So far no bodies have been sighted, and pulling out bits of wreckage may not start until Wednesday when navy ships with divers arrive.

It is likely to be extremely difficult to find the flight data and voice recorders that hold clues to why the plane fell out of the sky in the middle of the night. The recorders could be on the ocean floor at a depth of 2,000 to 3,000 meters (6,600-9,800 feet), Jobim said.

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said he was confident that the black boxes would be found.

"I think a country that can find oil 6,000 meters under the ocean can find a plane 2,000 meters down," he told reporters in Guatemala, referring to recent oil finds by Brazil's state energy company in ultra-deep waters.

The recorders are designed to send homing signals for up to 30 days when they hit water, but many do not float well. It could be among the hardest recovery tasks since the exploration of the Titanic, one expert said.

Affiliate Manager
    Prayers for the victims and the families.

ABW Ambassador
    It sure is a sad news...

BTW, I received an email notice today from Air France USA program:
    "Due to the tragic event of AF Flight# 447, we would like all banners, links and Ad-words suspended till further notice. We thank you for you cooperation during these difficult times. "

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    It sure is a sad news...

"Due to the tragic event of AF Flight# 447, we would like all banners, links and Ad-words suspended till further notice. We thank you for you cooperation during these difficult times. "
    I agree 100% that it sure it's a bad and sad news day for the friends and family of those on that Flight# 447, but I can't agree with that email you got...

Let's get real!

To me, that suspended notice sound like just a marketing idea for them to make more free money!

While it's true that all their affiliates (If they want to.) can try to stop their Ad-words, PPC campains, and some of their other daily marketing material on the spot, there is no way in hell for anyone to put a hold on their links and banners on the spot till further notice...

Once the affiliates got the links and banners listed on the search engines, there is no way to stop anyone from clicking on it, so what's the real big idea behind that email?

Who will get credit for those cookies while they have that suspended notice?

BS!

I think the best thing they can do, and if they really want to help, and really feel anything for the people affected in this tragedy, the leat they can do is try to donate some money, or make some kind of whatever other means may help those affected by this event, or just don't do anything...

If I am wrong of what I think just let me know, but I think that was an stupid or too wie email!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I think suspending ads, marketing is a bit extreme.

I have always thought about this.
    Does an airline retire a flight # following an accident? i.e. the flight that went into the hudson river. Was that flight # retired?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I agree 100% that it sure it's a bad and sad news day for the friends and family of those on that Flight# 447, but I can't agree with that email you got...

Let's get real!

To me, that suspended notice sound like just a marketing idea for them to make more free money!

While it's true that all their affiliates (If they want to.) can try to stop their Ad-words, PPC campains, and some of their other daily marketing material on the spot, there is no way in hell for anyone to put a hold on their links and banners on the spot till further notice...

Once the affiliates got the links and banners listed on the search engines, there is no way to stop anyone from clicking on it, so what's the real big idea behind that email?

Who will get credit for those cookies while they have that suspended notice?

BS!

I think the best thing they can do, and if they really want to help, and really feel anything for the people affected in this tragedy, the leat they can do is try to donate some money, or make some kind of whatever other means may help those affected by this event, or just don't do anything...

If I am wrong of what I think just let me know, but I think that was an stupid or too wie email!
    That's exactly what I was wondering about...thanks for speaking out loud for me Mr Sal .
    I'm not sure what's the best way to "suspend links/banners till further notice", I guess I'll have to pull them out and forget about the cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    You may want to contact them for clarification. They're e-mail doesn't appear to state the the program is actually suspended, it looks like they are asking for a voluntary moratorium on promoting them.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I have always thought about this.
    Does an airline retire a flight # following an accident? i.e. the flight that went into the hudson river. Was that flight # retired?
    They usually do, but not always.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread