need help with text links...
    i just recently joined shareasale and need help putting a text link on my website so my customers can view products and I get credit. I am unable to use HTML so I need to find a way to copy the text to my site. Does this make any sense and if so can someone help? Thanks!

Below is some info that I recieved in the FAQ's section, but I"m still confused as to how to make this work on my site.

from website FAQS:
    "Tiny Prints has text links that can be taken from the Share-A-Sale website in the "Get Links" section that look like http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=85...ink=&afftrack=

Whenever you get an order from a customer that you would like to fulfill with Tiny Prints, you would have to copy that text link into your browser and press enter. This will take you to the Tiny Prints website through Share-A-Sale's routing system, and will set a cookie on your computer, allowing Tiny Prints to recognize you and give you the proper commission for the sale.

I have no idea if this forum is for questions like this, but I thought I would give it a try! I just joined and dont really know what I'm doing. Thanks.

I am unable to use HTML
    Adding links to your site will require that you learn enough HTML to be able to edit your site. Is your site a ready made template or a Wordpress site or how did you build it? An easy place to learn whatever you need or want to know about HTML (Free!) is at http://www.w3schools.com/

Whenever you get an order from a customer that you would like to fulfill with Tiny Prints, you would have to copy that text link into your browser and press enter. This will take you to the Tiny Prints website through Share-A-Sale's routing system, and will set a cookie on your computer, allowing Tiny Prints to recognize you and give you the proper commission for the sale.
    I've never seen anything like this from a merchant before, it looks like they expect you to place orders for your visitors, not a very good idea. Links should take your visitors to the merchant's site to place their own orders so you aren't left to deal with customer service and returns issues for something that you don't produce.

Generally speaking, text links are in a format of
    which you need to copy and paste into an appropriate place on your website.
    Good luck!

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Ditto what 2busy said! (Thanks! )

awesome, thanks for the help! I will keep working on it. Have a blessed day.

Affiliate Manager
    Tiny Prints Links
    Joy, we can help you with this stuff, just e-mail me directly again if you need help. Text links can be pulled very easily from the Get Links section in Share a Sale and we have instructions for this in our affiliate section on the website http://www.tinyprints.com/affiliate-program/getting-started.htm

The reason that we post instructions for placing orders on behalf of clients is that we have many professional photographers and wedding planners in the program who specifically want to order on behalf of their clients as part of their responsibilities. It's something that is pretty unique to our program, but we get asked about it a lot.

Thanks

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread