Question dealing with my domain name...
    Not sure if this is the right thread(please move if it isnt)...

Alright well I got my domain and hosting, and now i realize that I probably won't be able to find a product related to my domain...

My domain name is jeffsinfoco.com, and I am allowed to make up to 100 sub domains with my current hosting. Do you think I could use CJ as an affiliate company to join. Then make a subdomain related to the product?

So my subdomain would look like this xxx.jeffsinfoco.com (xxx is products name).
    Does anyone think that this could work? Since I can't afford to pay for more hosting and a new domain at the moment this seems like my only option.

Thanks for the reviewing and answering my question.

~Messar

ABW Ambassador
    Having keywords in your domain is only a small part of affiliate marketing. You can still succeed even with a domain that has no keywords in it.

A well written site with no keywords in the domain will do better than a brilliant domain that is poorly written, bear that in mind when you plan your site.

I looked at you site, you need to work on your English, or you will never get results. Also, offering free guides will be tough, unless they are well written and informative.

Good luck.

Yeah I know and working on my English probably will be hard seeing as I barely pass English in school. Plus what is wrong with my English nothing is miss spelled that I am aware of. Plus I am going to redo my site for affiliate marketing. Also seeing as how I am new to SEO and advertising I probably won't get any sales for a while...

Does anyone know of a product which is rather easy to promote or a good product to promote as a beginner? Also does anyone know of any guides or free e-books on SEO that they would recommend for a beginner?

Your grammar and english don't flow well. You are missing words and phrases that people use in the everyday language. You can tell by the way you write. Just work on it and you are fine. Maybe even a friend who speaks it fluently and have them read and check everything you publish.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Messar
    Yeah I know and working on my English probably will be hard seeing as I barely pass English in school. Plus what is wrong with my English nothing is miss spelled that I am aware of. Plus I am going to redo my site for affiliate marketing. Also seeing as how I am new to SEO and advertising I probably won't get any sales for a while...
    Sorry, but your grammar and syntax are awful.

The web is full of experts. What makes you an expert in any area?* Saying you will research and write a guide on any topic is an absolute turn off for anyone seeking actual information. They can do the same thing.

To promote "guides" you have to show actual expertise in a specific area, such as graduate degrees, years of experience in the field, teaching experience, and a resume of other published writings in the field.

Have you looked at successful "how to" sites? They have guides prepared by real experts in each particular area.

Have you thought about who might actually come to your site, ask you to research an area, be willing to wait for you to learn everything there is about that subject, and to then write a guide on the subject, and then come back to your site days or weeks later, when they can immediately find that same information on perhaps millions of other sites, not to mention in the library?

Sorry, but you need to re-think your entire model.
    ____
    *If you are an expert in any area, you need to broadcast that loud and clear, outline your credentials, and stick to that area in your writings.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I wanted to join an Affiliate program but I am not 18 years old.

So I was wandering what would happen if they found out that I wasn't 18?

The program that I was looking at is being advertised here, and that affiliate program is proboarders.com.

Also my Paypal is not "verified" and I was wandering if I can still receive payments?

I read that I can only withdraw 500$ a month and send "X" amount, but I wasn't sure if I could still receive payments.

Also about asking for a "beginner" product I think I will just try and find one that I have interest in.

*edit* forget my first post I am re-making my website. I think making a personal website will be easier then trying to sell something I have no interest in.
    Last edited by Messar; June 3rd, 2009 at 11:46 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    "I think making a personal website will be easier then trying to sell something I have no interest in."

Read around on this forum, people get into affiliate marketing for many reasons.

Think about what you are passionate about, and then build a site around that topic.

It will be a tough road ahead. Be realistic, most affiliate marketers fail to make any money. A lot of others only make a small amount. Not many become successful.

ABW Ambassador
    I wanted to join an Affiliate program but I am not 18 years old.
    Get a parent to sign up for you.

So I was wandering what would happen if they found out that I wasn't 18?
    If you attempted to join while under 18, yet claimed you were 18, you would at minimum lose all commissions and have your account closed.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread