Anyone that currently get's a data feed will continue to get a data feed (regardless of earnings) with no additional charge(s).

The data feeds integration will be offered free to publishers for the first 3 months after release (this Friday!).

After three months if you don't have a data feed set up, it will cost $200 (one-time fee) for publishers that drive less than $10,000 in sales to advertisers monthly.

I hope that clears things up. Sorry for the confusion.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Oops, clarification:

quote:
    The data feeds integration will be offered free to publishers for the first 3 months after release (this Friday!).

This is a free 3 month trial. If after 3 months you still want the feed and you have not generated at least $10k in sales you will be charged $200. If after 3 months you no longer want the feed, you will not be charged.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

That's nice of CJ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Cool!

And thanks for the clarification about the $10K. I had thought you meant commissions!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

So did I.
    Cool, thanks for the update Todd.

Game on!!!!

Yes, but I really don't understand how to use them. Something about PHP or something. No clue what that is. Read something about it but ...uh...no clue. Have to do something with my host or something.

Have to change something in some file or something. Afraid to touch it...I dunnno

But, hey, I want it. It's free!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Just one question Todd,

Will the commissions that e-bates cream off me count towards the $10,000 ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

@ Ssanf

ROFLMAO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You sound so much like me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

The three month trial is a good idea. Now if only I knew what a datafeed was and what I am supposed to do with it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Along that same line, is there anyone offering software to help us with CJ datafeeds? Boy, someone could make a fortune with that one.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

Cusimano.

Does Cusimano have the software available for this?

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

Can someone please direct us who don't understand data feeds to a place that we can learn about them and how to use them?

I too would like to sign up for my free 3 month data-field please.

Is that a network wide datafeed? Or is it a merchant specific feed? If it is merchant specific, does the 10K have to be generated with only that ONE merchant? Or a variety?

Also, many of the affiliate programs I know of do not charge for a datafeed, so I was wondering why CJ is?? Does it include tech support or???

Thank you.

quote:
    Is that a network wide datafeed? Or is it a merchant specific feed? If it is merchant specific, does the 10K have to be generated with only that ONE merchant? Or a variety?

Also, many of the affiliate programs I know of do not charge for a datafeed, so I was wondering why CJ is?? Does it include tech support or???

Data feeds are provided for any advertisers that (a) you're are joined to and (b) has a data feed available. Publishers must have generated at least $10k in sales in aggregate in one month.

Our data feeds are part of our data transfer system - which provides (IMO) more advanced delivery and security methods than other programs. Since not every publisher needs/wants data feeds, we limit them to those that use them to make money. Otherwise what happens is we set up data feeds for publishers that (a) don't really use them and/or (b) don't make money via the product links. Yes, there is tech set up and support for data feeds.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

Where do we sign up? What do we need to do? I already have access to the old feeds via the info they sent for that but those haven't been updated since the day they were created. Who do I email? Where to I go in my publisher account?

Thanks in advance!

Core

And NO, I don't work for COMMISSION JUNCTION!

So if I understand all this correctly, this new datafeed thing at CJ is really nothing new as it will be using only those merchants that currently have datafeeds, except that CJ will now administer the datafeeds instead of the individual merchants (plus you will be charging the $200)?

Or am I misunderstanding this?

To request a product data feed, log in to your account and use the "ask a question" feature and request a product feed. You will need to specify the file type (XML, pipe, tab, comma or Excel) and delivery method (FTP pull, FTP push or HTTP).

The functionality will be available next week. If you submit a request on Monday, you should be set up with a feed by the end of the week.

There is more information available at CJU.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    So if I understand all this correctly, this new datafeed thing at CJ is really nothing new as it will be using only those merchants that currently have datafeeds, except that CJ will now administer the datafeeds instead of the individual merchants (plus you will be charging the $200)?

We have always administered the product feeds for advertisers. The problem with the old system is it wasn't scalable enough to service all of the publishers and advertiser that wanted to use the functionality. The new system is much more robust and scalable.

The $200 fee is a one-time cost for CJ to set up a special feed for each publisher. As I said above, not every publisher needs this functionality and CJ does not want to provide it to every publisher because they are curious to see what it is. This is for certain publishers whose business models require access to entire product catalogs. They are typically used in generating search results on publisher sites.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Thanks for the clarrification.

Todd,

I was wondering if you can tell us where we can find an example of the avalible fields in the Data Feed.

Or if you could even post them here.

I think the documentation will get released next week. There are many fields in the feed. Product name, price, buy URL, image URL, sku, keywords, description, category...

Not all of these fields are mandatory though.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Will merchants be required to maintain their items better?
    Some of the existing feeds are incredibly bloated with old and erronous items.

Game on!!!!

How do we find out which companies have datafeeds?

I sure hope catalog.com is not one of them. They had (and may still have) 300 items from one company there were out of date for months.

I really like the idea but I have a question..What if we meet the $10k limit but lost it afterwards? You know internet is a unpredictable place when it comes to especially AM, you never know what could happen..Do we have to keep that sale ratio or is it ok to have it once? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

ps. I just asked because somebody might wonder, I'm currently having my feeds served hehe so I've no problems at all with that.

He who steals a minaret prepares a proper
    cover beforehand, said of someone who intends to do something illegal.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread