Are $0 sales and $0 commissions normal?
    I just joined shareasale yesterday. I've been doing affiliate marketing since 2004 and I've never seen this before so I'm not sure if it's normal or a glitch. In other networks the commissions are shown regardless of the lock date.

I've got 3 conversions that show $0 sales and $0 commissions. It shows "processing" and lock date of 7/20/2009. I understand what processing and lock date mean, however, why the $0 commissions and sales?

Are they going to show the commission when the order ships or something or do they propose to keep my commissions a secret until 7/20/2009? Since I'm doing PPC that of course will not do.

Thanks for clarification.

(By the way, I did search the forum for an answer but couldn't find one.)

http and a telephoto
    It depends on the merchant. One of my merchants (Viator) doesn't show the commission until the travel is completed. But you should see the sale amount.

I would recommend you check with the merchant you made the sales for.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

SAS has at least one merchant that does this and it is abusive. They have a 90 day "Lock Date" period and don't show any sale or commission until after the 90 days. On their site you can see that they only offer refunds for the first 30 days, after that it is exchange only. I'm waiting for an answer from the AM right now because they have extended the lock date an additional 15 days so that a sale on April 4th won't be paid until July 20. More here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118987

It's pretty odd. There are 6 sales showing, 3 from June 4 and 5 are showing $0 sale and $0 commission. 1 from today (June 6) is also showing $0 sale and $0 commission but 2 from today are showing the sale amount and commission.

I'll definitely contact the affiliate manager.

RE: merchants who try to game us with the lock dates
    I've seen them before on CJ. Once I saw that kind of abuse from a merchant I'd stop promoting them and find someone else. There are too many other companies out there who know how to treat affiliates correctly.

If they have any free service etc you may think it's normal.

For example,
    we have free domain parking service but SAS is tracking these transactions and show it as a sale. We were not paying any commission for these sales but with my effort, now we pay $1 bonus for each $0 transactions. (i know it's not a big deal but better than zero commission) Also we follow these kind of customers and if they switch their services to paid one, then we will credit affiliate commission manually.

So ask the AM if these are free services or whatever it is...
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Why would the merchant not just not fire the SAS pixel on $0 "sales?"

We don't have any free products, but we do have an email sign-up that is free but that ultimately tracks to the affiliate any way if a sale is made, but we do not pay for the email sign-up itself.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Hello Guys,

I used to have the same problem several times. Now, I get 2 transactions with 0 commission in Jun'09 again. SAS is helping me to cooperate with the merchants. The merchants with 0 commission are as below:
    1) 18452 Never Shave Again Site Address: www.nevershavegain.com
    Date: 06/08/2009 12:46:21 PM
    2)22069 MyService Site Address: www.myservice.com
    Date:06/12/2009 07:22:26 PM

I will let you all know the result of these cases.

Good Luck,
    Athikhom
    2)

Jon at Suluta told me he is talking with the merchant on my problem. The merchant is Kiyonna, they sell products and only offer a 30 day return, based on the date on the invoice. So why a 90 day lock date during which time no commission and no sale shows in the stats? The most recent one on June 4th was supposed to be the lock date and they added the commission for the April 4th sale, but then changed the lock date to July 20. I'm expecting another commission to drop out of the sky today.

The merchant (meritline) tells me that since the "sale price" shows $0 then they don't pay commission. That would be logical if it were for some list signup or something they truly don't make money on but this is not the case.

The item sold is $40, the customer enters a US government rebate number and is credited $40 so the price the customer pays is zero. However meritline does get paid $40 from the US government so they are making the exact same money they do when there's no rebate involved.

They should pay me the 6% of $40 commission they owe me because I drove the sale for them. They get $40 whether the customer pays them or the US government pays them. In fact they make MORE with these rebates because they're not paying visa or mastercard 3%.

What a rip off. They're just screwing me plain and simple.

It is very tough time for all affiliate marketers. There are so many weird cases with SAS.
    We all should reveal the name of all merchants with the problem. Consequently, we can avoid to promote those merchants. Minimize our cost can keep us survive.

Cheers!!
    Athikhom

ala1 wrote: > "The item sold is $40, the customer enters a US government rebate number and is credited $40 so the price the customer pays is zero. However meritline does get paid $40 from the US government so they are making the exact same money they do when there's no rebate involved." <

I agree with this logic, unless there is a legal prohibition on commissions being paid on items using the "government rebate." One merchant advised me that there is a federal law that prohibits payment of any sort of commission or referral fee on ion drug sales if any compensation is sought via Medicare or Medicaid, and as a practical effect this meant a prohibition on commissions on all insured ion drug sales.

Dear Guys,

As promise, I would like to update about my $0 commission with SAS. There is a reply from 18452 Never Shave Again Site Address: www.nevershavegain.com that they cannot pay me for commission because they have no record of sales transaction on
    Date: 06/08/2009 12:46:21 PM. Today, I got another $0 commision with Never Shave Again Date:06/16/2009 01:31:03 PM with Transaction id:[21987959]. I guess they will provide me the same answer and they will not pay me. Please be careful with this merchant.

Good Luck,
    Athikhom

GRRRRR! SAS tells me that the Kiyonna problem has been resolved, (as if they can't read )and today another sale comes in. I have no clue as to the amount of the sale nor of the commission, that will be revealed to me after 60 days - and after screwing up my stats for two months but they have promised to surprise me on Aug. 20th at which time I'm sure I will see the "Lock Date" change from Aug. 20 to Sept. 20th. I will have replaced them by that time but why does SAS allow any merchant to set their own parameters that do not follow their own TOC?? They claim to have a 60 day lock date so why do I need to wait for July 20th for the commission on an April 4th sale?? I have not heard a peep back from Jon at Suluta, the AM for Kiyonna.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread