Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Duplicate Transactions
    Anyone else seeing this:

The transactions that I have seen posted in the last couple of hours are all being posted in duplicate, that is two separate transactions, with different ID numbers, but with the same event time and posting time, for the same amounts, and in the detail section, for the same SKUs.

It looks to all the world like double the commissions than what should be posting.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Since yesterday evening, the event dates for all of my transactions are after the post date and in the future. For example, right now, it's June 6 2:30 PM PST and I'm seeing transactions from June 6 7:55 PM PST.

I'm very impressed. CJ must have a new formula that can predict my future sales. Unreal technology.

david

I'm seeing it too AffiliateHound. Except for me the transaction date on the dupes is 7 hrs apart. Based on the posting times, I think the first transaction of each pair is legitimate, because in most cases it's "twin" has an "event date" timestamp that hasn't happened yet.

And it's not happening for all my transactions, but roughly 25% today.
    Your Ad Here.

I normally don't pay attention to the posting times, maybe I should since you all seem to.

But went to look since I saw this post. I too see some dupes in my acct.

I have a duplicate posted and this morning I am showing a new sale but my balance owing is the same as last night.

This seems to be part of the problem I detected in my post This is straight from the Twilight Zone!. First, it was just a transaction Event Date happening the day after the Posting Date. How can you have an Event happen after you have posted it?

Now, it seems like the correct Event and Posting dates are being posted, at the very same time as the reverse is happening, resulting in two posting dates of the same transaction. Same thing happened to me yesterday, but not to all my transactions. Just one:

Code:
       Event Date              Posting Date

7-Jun-2009 01:32 PDT  	6-Jun-2009 20:14 PDT

6-Jun-2009 18:32 PDT  	6-Jun-2009 20:14 PDT
    The transaction you are seeing posted today, is the Twilight Zone duplicate posting of the same transaction yesterday. It's almost as if Commission Junction tried to fix the posting date problem by having the transactions post correctly, but neglected to remove the part of the problem that was posting the transactions with posting dates before the fact.

Continue to play the Twilight Zone theme music.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    It seems to be getting worse. I have 3 or 4 duplicates of some of the sales showing up for today. Hope CJ gets this sorted out ASAP.

Its only showing early morning sales with weird event and posting time, nothing after that. Is there any one else missing sales?

Same here:
    - We have event date and time stamps ahead of event date
    - We have duplicate transactions - but not from all merchants only a few

I opened a ticket on Friday night reporting the time stamp problem as I felt sales were light also. No reply yet. then duplicates started in Saturday.

Affiliate Manager Heather@Stacks's Avatar
    I noticed this first thing this morning, and called CJ at 7:30am.
    In my back end, looks like almost everything was duplicated. Same order number in there twice, loaded many hours apart. CJ just called me and said they are aware of the issue and are working on backing out the duplicates.

I got one of those twilight zone ones today too. When they try to fix it, I hope CJ doesn't pull the same number they pulled on me a couple years ago. About 6k in zappos transactions got reset or cleaned up or something, so the reversals didn't have corresponding transactions to balance out against and effectively wound up being cut out of my non-reversed commissions.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Reversals of duplicate postings are starting to show up. So far, mine are all correct - only the duplicates have gone away.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I forgot to mention....... the dupe I had showing in reports today....... the amount was not reflected in my balance. So here's hoping that "you-know-what" won't happen when they fix it lol.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

This is looking like chaos to me. This event does appear to have started days ago and since a few hours I'm seeing major volume of reversals. For example for 6/6 I'm seeing 60%+ reversal rate (in $ amount)......making 6/6 my worst day in years? hard to believe that would be the case....

I'm not seeing anything about double posting. Not saying this is not the case, but looking at my data it seems more random then anything else.

I hope this is the extent of the damage...

90% of my sales from June 6th were reversed today. Have no idea why. CJ is really messed up at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by delsol
    This is looking like chaos to me. This event does appear to have started days ago and since a few hours I'm seeing major volume of reversals. For example for 6/6 I'm seeing 60%+ reversal rate (in $ amount)......making 6/6 my worst day in years? hard to believe that would be the case....

I'm not seeing anything about double posting. Not saying this is not the case, but looking at my data it seems more random then anything else.

I hope this is the extent of the damage...

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Reversals of duplicate postings are starting to show up. So far, mine are all correct - only the duplicates have gone away.
    All but one of my duplicates went away, but two of my none-duplicates went away. However, those two were Twilight Zone transactions where the posting date happened the day after the event date.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    90% of my sales from June 6th were reversed today. Have no idea why. CJ is really messed up at this time.
    I had the majority of my sales on the 6th reversed too. Duplicates as well as non-duplicates. Figures, the two biggest sales were not dupes but were reversed anyway. So the 6th ended up being my worst day in quite a while. And on the 7th some non-dupes were also reversed. Thanks, CJ.

It's as if they hired a bunch of 9 year olds to eyeball all the sales and just reverse whatever looked too big or they felt like reversing. Unbelievable.

I have a bunch of sales reversed as well..but the reasons I see are "compliance". I clicked on the "details" link for the reserved transcations. What does this mean and what does your reasons for the reversals say?
    Last edited by cowboysfan; June 9th, 2009 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    I had sales reversed too and they don't seemed to be from duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboysfan
    I have a bunch of sales reversed as well..but the reasons I see are "compliance". I clicked on the "details" link for the reserved transcations. What does this mean and what does your reasons for the reversals say?
    Mine all say "compliance".

I have no idea what it means.

Time to contact my merchants.

I see the majority of my commissions from 6/6 and 6/7 have disappeared as of this morning.

chris, when you click the details link, does it say why they were reversed? getting my ready. seems this is affecting almost every cj affiliate. glad i'm not the only one.

Im having the same kind of problems. Almost all my saturday and sunday sales were reversed and today some of my yesterday sales were reversed too. Im with cj for three months and i make on average 10 to 15 sales, but everytime they made a system maintenance my sales drop to zero or i just get a small sale. Im sure they will not pay for what they should for the last three days.
    Cj Sucks!

They're starting to mutilate my June 8th now with reversals. Lovely. Most of the morning sales from the 8th have reversed and I figure I can say bye bye to several more soon. Isn't this fun?

Under the Detail link, all of the reversed ones I've looked at say "Deposit" on the first line (where it would normally say "Original Action" on a transaction that hasn't been reversed), then the second line that has the reversed amount in parentheses says "Compliance".

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    They're starting to mutilate my June 8th now with reversals. Lovely. Most of the morning sales from the 8th have reversed and I figured I can say bye bye to several more soon. Isn't this fun?

In the Details area, all of the reversed ones I've looked at say "Deposit" on the first line (where it would normally say "Original Action" on a transaction that hasn't been reversed), then the second line that has the reversed amount in parentheses says "Compliance".
    Same here, i dont know how they will deal with this but im pretty sure they will not credit them again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast