Help
    I need help with information on domain & hosting? Also building a website.

Tax Paying Member
    There are a number of good sources for each.

Rule 101A67 of Page 6 states........Not reccomended that you register your domain with your hosting service.
    Rule 101b67 also on Page 6..........Be very careful when a hosting service offers you a free domain registration. Chances are good that you will have great difficulty in ever getting personal control of that domain name.

My daddy told me that there is nothing free in this world....especially domain hosting.

Welcome to ABW
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    You can look into ABestWeb's domain and hosting service ABestWeb Domain/Hosting
    Clifford Mark
    Director of Marketing - [URL=http://www.friendlyplanettravel.com]Friendly Planet Travel Inc[/URL] | [email=cliff@friendlyplanet.com]email me[/email]
    [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=18510]Join The FriendlyPlanetTravel.com Affiliate Program Now![/URL]

Hi patpenn,

You can build your website using any web design software. There are many available for purchase on the market and most of them are pretty much similar to each other. The way it works is you first make your site on your computer and then upload it to your server via ftp as soon as the website is ready.
    You can also use wordpress, joomla, or other open source cms to build your site. This option is free but the downside is that support is usually community-based, that is, there is no support number that you can call and instead have to rely on the support forum.
    Hope that helps.

The easiest way to build a web site is to use web 2.0 platform like Wordpress, also there are a lot of themes that will help you build it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshOm
    The easiest way to build a web site is to use web 2.0 platform like Wordpress, also there are a lot of themes that will help you build it quickly.
    I second wordpress. Lots of options to customized the themes you find if you know how to use HTML/CSS. If you don't you can still get a good page by finding a theme, or buying a pre-made or custom theme.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread