Marketer trying to become an AM, success or failure?
    Hello,

Thinking of becoming a affiliate manager myself to promote the website I'm working on. What are the chances of success? At first, I was fairly optimistic, but after finding this site as well as numerous AM professional, I'm not so confident anymore

Should I seriously look into finding an Affiliate Manager/Network, or can I somehow pull this off by working hard and a bit of luck.

Thanks

Affiliate Manager
    I am assuming you are a merchant. Are you thinking about running the program inhouse? I am a merchant and would never consider running a program inhouse. There is a lot of admin work involved in an inhouse program. Affiliates also feel more comfortable working within a network like ShareASale or Commission Junction.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    If you'll have plenty of time to develop and maintain the program, fine - otherwise, your program will never get off the ground and be successful. You could always try to do it yourself for the first month or so and then see if it's something worth your time. If you could be building a better site or finding more good products to sell, ire a manager and let them deal with the everyday hassles of running a program.

Guess it depends on if you have more time or more monry. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks for the fast response!

Yes, I'm a merchant thinking of running an inhouse program.

The goal of the affiliate program is to increase the number of active member and to encourage people to use our online service. So as you can see, we don't actually mail out any tangible product.

You can run an In House program for the few affiliates who choose to work directly with you, BUT, keep the program in the network going on as well.

Get the best of both worlds.

Online Marketing Consultant
    In house programs are a heck of a lot more work and definitely can eat your entire day away. You may be better off on a network like Share a Sale where it is cost effective and there are already Affiliates there for you to get you started. =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Thanks for the response!! Im overwhelmed by the help I'm getting here which is rare for a forum.

One of the problem I have with running an inhouse program is analysis program. Do most affiliates expect a top notch analysis program to check for their effectiveness? Are there any cost effective solution to solve the problem?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread