Iphone 3G Speed announced at WWDC
    From ZDNet's wrap-up of the announcements at WWDC 2009 in San Francisco today.

iPhone 3GS:

• “The S stands for speed.”
    • Launching Messages: 2.1x faster
    • Load SimCity: 2.4x faster
    • Viewing an Excel attachment: 3.6x faster
    • Load NYTimes.com: 2.9x faster
    • Averages 2x speed increase — some things are even faster
    • OpenGL ES 2.0 support
    • 7.2Mbps HSDPA
    • 3 megapixel camera
    • Auto-focus, auto-white balance, auto-exposure, tap-to-focus
    • Better light sensitivity. Auto-macro — close as 10cm away. There’s an API.
    • Video Capture — 30fps VGA, has an API
    • Scrub and edit the video with your finger
    • Share it from the iPhone to YouTube
    • VoiceControl — (”play songs by The Killers”), ask iPhone “what’s playing now?” You can also say “play more songs like this” and Genius will play more songs like this.
    • Digital Compass — Integrated into maps — shows compass to use orientation on maps.
    • Hardware encryption — Remote wipe, encrypted iTunes backups
    • Improved battery life — Up to 9 hours WiFi, 10 hours video, 30 hours audio, 12 hours 2G talk, 5 hours 3G talk time.
    • $199 / 16GB
    • $299 / 32GB
    • Available: June 19
    • Keeping the iPhone 3G for only $99
    Source
    Thoughts?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Kicking ourselves since we just bought a macbook pro one month ago. They came out with a new one and announced that earlier this morning. ahvell.

Don't have an iphone yet. Hubby and I were waiting for the announcement today. Finally we'll get one..

You're not alone ladidah, I got my Macbook Pro just a few months ago. But I couldn't be happier with it and I'm happy the Snow Leopard upgrade will only be $29.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    I'm super excited about this and seriously thinking about switching from Blackberry to iPhone since I am already with AT&T

Definitely time to upgrade my "Version One" iPhone. Might also upgrade my MacBook - current one is a couple of years old. My accountant says I should spend some money "now" if I need anything for the business...sooooo...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I think its funny that people pay these incredible amount of money every 3 or 4 months for a cell phone. Of course I will probably be doing the same in 3 months when my Verizon contract is over with.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I've never owned an iphone, blackberry, etc. I'm a newby at that stuff but I'm now in the market and willd efinitely take a look at it.

Guess what I'll be buying in 2 weeks!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Guess what I'll be buying in 2 weeks!
    the new Palm Pre? LOL.

Nokia N97 is due out this month too. Looks pretty good and is better in a lot of respects than the new iPhone.. but not as darned sexy.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    the new Palm Pre? LOL.
    How'd you guess?! Actually, I have a Palm Treo and seriously thought about a Pre, but I think I'm going iPhone this time.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Affiliate Network Rep Ryan Gilbert's Avatar
    I desperately need the undo and cut and paste... counting down!
    Ryan Gilbert
    Webgains USA
    www.webgains.com
    AIM: WGrgilbert
    MSN/e: ryan{at}webgains.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/webgains
    Blog: http://usablog.webgains.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/WebgainsUSA

I'll definitely be upgrading when I'm eligible (about 6 weeks). The iPhone rocks, and the new features just make it better. The functionality helps me be far more efficient with my time. It's handy to have a phone, GPS, camera, web browser, Bible, movie guide, calendar, rolodex, email reader, calculator, clock, iPod, movie player, restaurant guide, Kindle, newspaper, subway map, and a variety of games in my pocket. When I carry my iPhone, I have all of that and more.

$200 or $300 every 2 years or so is minimal compared to the $100/month that goes to AT&T. I buy a new laptop every 2-3 years, and that's WAY more than a few hundred dollars. Besides my old one won't go to waste. I'll use it as an iPod touch for the kids, for them to watch movies and play games on.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep John@AffiliateFuture.com's Avatar
    i am not super excited about the iphone. as much as I would love to have one i think it is too expensive over the life of the contract. however, i am very excited about the new 13" macbook pro. small enough to be a large netbook yet so much more...

Affiliate Manager GlobalGolf-Amanda's Avatar
    I'm in the same spot as nyfalcon.... My Verizon contract is up July 3 and I think I will get one of those $99 iPhones.... I'm one of 3 people at work who doesn't yet have one - oh, the peer pressure!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amanda Moralis
    GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalGolf-Amanda
    I'm in the same spot as nyfalcon.... My Verizon contract is up July 3 and I think I will get one of those $99 iPhones.... I'm one of 3 people at work who doesn't yet have one - oh, the peer pressure!
    No, you are one of at least 4. I don't have one and I don't intend to get one. In point of fact I refuse to text. If I need to send someting in writing it will be via email, fax or USPS. Have I lost a customer or missed an important meeting as a result? No. At the moment I am with AT&T, without a contract, and I don't really feel the need to switch that out but perhaps having the sliding kind versus the flip Razor might be OK.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread