Results 1 to 16 of 16
June 8th, 2009, 03:47 PM #1Iphone 3G Speed announced at WWDC
From ZDNet's wrap-up of the announcements at WWDC 2009 in San Francisco today.
- “The S stands for speed.”
- Launching Messages: 2.1x faster
- Load SimCity: 2.4x faster
- Viewing an Excel attachment: 3.6x faster
- Load NYTimes.com: 2.9x faster
- Averages 2x speed increase — some things are even faster
- OpenGL ES 2.0 support
- 7.2Mbps HSDPA
- 3 megapixel camera
- Auto-focus, auto-white balance, auto-exposure, tap-to-focus
- Better light sensitivity. Auto-macro — close as 10cm away. There’s an API.
- Video Capture — 30fps VGA, has an API
- Scrub and edit the video with your finger
- Share it from the iPhone to YouTube
- VoiceControl — (”play songs by The Killers”), ask iPhone “what’s playing now?” You can also say “play more songs like this” and Genius will play more songs like this.
- Digital Compass — Integrated into maps — shows compass to use orientation on maps.
- Hardware encryption — Remote wipe, encrypted iTunes backups
- Improved battery life — Up to 9 hours WiFi, 10 hours video, 30 hours audio, 12 hours 2G talk, 5 hours 3G talk time.
- $199 / 16GB
- $299 / 32GB
- Available: June 19
- Keeping the iPhone 3G for only $99
The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli
June 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM #2
Kicking ourselves since we just bought a macbook pro one month ago. They came out with a new one and announced that earlier this morning. ahvell.
Don't have an iphone yet. Hubby and I were waiting for the announcement today. Finally we'll get one..
June 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM #3
You're not alone ladidah, I got my Macbook Pro just a few months ago. But I couldn't be happier with it and I'm happy the Snow Leopard upgrade will only be $29.
- ScottHatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.
June 8th, 2009, 04:57 PM #4
I'm super excited about this and seriously thinking about switching from Blackberry to iPhone since I am already with AT&T
June 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM #5
Definitely time to upgrade my "Version One" iPhone. Might also upgrade my MacBook - current one is a couple of years old. My accountant says I should spend some money "now" if I need anything for the business...sooooo...
June 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM #6
June 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM #7
I've never owned an iphone, blackberry, etc. I'm a newby at that stuff but I'm now in the market and willd efinitely take a look at it.
June 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM #8
Guess what I'll be buying in 2 weeks!-Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
- Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.
June 8th, 2009, 06:39 PM #9Originally Posted by meadowmufn
June 8th, 2009, 07:33 PM #10
June 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM #11Originally Posted by bibby-Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
- Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.
June 8th, 2009, 11:23 PM #12
June 9th, 2009, 12:56 AM #13
I'll definitely be upgrading when I'm eligible (about 6 weeks). The iPhone rocks, and the new features just make it better. The functionality helps me be far more efficient with my time. It's handy to have a phone, GPS, camera, web browser, Bible, movie guide, calendar, rolodex, email reader, calculator, clock, iPod, movie player, restaurant guide, Kindle, newspaper, subway map, and a variety of games in my pocket. When I carry my iPhone, I have all of that and more.
$200 or $300 every 2 years or so is minimal compared to the $100/month that goes to AT&T. I buy a new laptop every 2-3 years, and that's WAY more than a few hundred dollars. Besides my old one won't go to waste. I'll use it as an iPod touch for the kids, for them to watch movies and play games on.
June 9th, 2009, 09:16 AM #14
i am not super excited about the iphone. as much as I would love to have one i think it is too expensive over the life of the contract. however, i am very excited about the new 13" macbook pro. small enough to be a large netbook yet so much more...
June 9th, 2009, 10:32 AM #15
I'm in the same spot as nyfalcon.... My Verizon contract is up July 3 and I think I will get one of those $99 iPhones.... I'm one of 3 people at work who doesn't yet have one - oh, the peer pressure!*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
[URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]
June 9th, 2009, 10:47 AM #16Originally Posted by GlobalGolf-Amanda<a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
<a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>