ABW Ambassador
    Increase Sales - Put Code in Email
    Merchants, if you want to increase sales then don't let CJ slow you down with their stupid system of making affiliates go to a page or even worse login to get link code. I know if I'm in a hurry then merchants who have code in the email (with my affiliate ID) will get high priority and these will go out first on to my websites. If I have all day then I will also get most of the others but they will be last in the line and many just get deleted as I don't have time to be going to web pages to get link code.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Merchants, if you want to increase sales then don't let CJ slow you down with their stupid system of making affiliates go to a page or even worse login to get link code. I know if I'm in a hurry then merchants who have code in the email (with my affiliate ID) will get high priority and these will go out first on to my websites. If I have all day then I will also get most of the others but they will be last in the line and many just get deleted as I don't have time to be going to web pages to get link code.
    CJ doesn't allow for the code to go direct into emails with the affiliate ID. One of the reasons I like other networks better... (for managing)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm usually logged into CJ all day anyway, so hitting the "Get HTML" link is no big deal. But if it's not there, whatever link it was usually doesn't get posted.
    Your Ad Here.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    CJ doesn't allow for the code to go direct into emails with the affiliate ID.
    It's not true.

I've always received some emails from CJ merchants including codes with affiliate IDs in them.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    100% agree, if your sending me links, please embed the code.

I have a merchant on linkshare that I like to promo more, but the emails only have the link. I have to copy the the anchor text, then add the link, and replace the XXXXXX with mine! On top of it all it there are 30 products per email...whoa

How much time they think I have to be diddling with their links.

Make it easier for me (for all of us) and provide a code that I can add with as little hassle as possible.

Think of it as a customer trying to find the sales button, but has to wade through three pages of clicks (or scroll down 3 or 4 page lengths) to get there. It's like your trying to play a game of spend the time to buy my product....no thanks. Follow the KISS principle and your sales will improve.

Same goes for Links, provide me with code ready to go and you will have more links on more of my sites.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

When emailing affiliates with new links, I include a link that takes them directly the link details so they can get the code right away. If they are not already logged into their CJ acct, they'll be asked to login, then the link is right there in front of them to download. IMO, that should make things very easy for our affiliates to get new links and promote new offers and what not. If however, I am sending an affiliate an exclusive link or custom banner, then all i can do is give them the link ID.
    [B]Quy Le - Affiliate Manager[/B] [CJ, SAS]
    Email: quy.l@cymax.com
    Office: 1-866-740-9830 ext 235
    [URL=http://www.cymax.com]Cymax Stores - Internet Retailer Top 500[/URL]
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2461201]CJ Network Earnings Rating: 4/5 - Sign Up Today![/URL]

-"[I]You Always Succeed in the Pursuit of Mediocrity...[/I]"

i like it - thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Some CJ merchants are sending emails with links underneath each products. The coded links are showing in each seperate windows. I don't know how they do it, but that is the way merchants should do if they want their emails get the most attentions.

The emails that come with "get links" links will have to wait until I get around to them. Sometimes they will just be deleted after a period of time. That happens sometimes in my case.

The most unacceptible emails are those that only have a list of products without links. Or have links that link to the product pages on merchants' sites. Those emails will be deleted right away.

I've seen some Linkshare merchants doing a great job on embeding codes into the product lists. All I need to do is to copy and paste the products I want to promote onto my sites. It saves me a lot of time from coding to focusing on product promotion.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread