Keywords that used to bring me up first now no longer bring me up at all This seems to be the case for all my sites.
    Any body else ?

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

ABW Ambassador
    "GoogleGuy, a Google spokesperson who posts at WebMasterWorld, verified the update and gave a rough timeline for its roll out, "I just talked to somebody else at Google. Sounds like 64.x.x.x is indeed the wave of the future. They did say that it may roll out over several days instead of being done over the weekend though."

In answer to a poster's question on whether the Brandy update was a move back to pre-Florida results GoogleGuy said, "we've definitely been working to incorporate new signals of quality and improve the way that we rank pages, so the results at the 64.x.x.x data center are not a rollback or pre-Florida results--it's several steps forward based on new ways of gauging quality and relevance."

This was in a newsletter at webpronews. With the former google update some of my websites disappeared but with htis last update the sites came back and in a higher rank.

carneol

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Impossible. Even the pages I haven't updated in years are still in Google. Every one of my clients site pages for their best keywords on at the top of the listings at all 4 major SE's. I know crap about SEO/SEM and build the page's messages directed 100% at the page viewer.

Have no idea how Ecomcity ranks as I won't update links till the merchants come out and demand the networks forbid setting cookies without a physical click.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Join the club... the std-singles is nowhere to be found... I emailed google asking for a reason and yeah.. i"m still waiting for the reason...

Marifer Vergara
    AOL: Marifer006
    MSN: NanaVergara
    Yahoo: maria_maria_s
    E: Marifer@3leggedtoad.com
    W: http://www.3leggedtoad.com
    SEX SELLS!! Get 40% Commission from AdamEveCash.com selling Sensual & Adult toys from the #1 brand in the Adult biz!!

Simple, it's a filter. Google thinks you are unworthy.

To see the unfiltered results, just precede the search string with allintext:

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

thanx Moo.......I think
    I dont feel unworthy

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Simple, it's a filter. Google thinks you are unworthy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are so many factors that can come into play, that a blanket statement like that can;t be entirely correct.

Id someone you're linking to being penalized? Has some on-page factors been given a different weight as far as ranking? Has google FINALLY developed a way to catch all the amss-produced keyword/doorway pages?

Who REALLY knows?

For the record, I think these results look better than they have in months.

Erik

==============================
    Tired of a handful of people having TOTAL power over human-edited directories? Been turned down as an ODP editor? Think that WE can build a BETTER volunteer-based, human-edited search directory? SO DO WE. Help www.BuildtheHive.com create the only truly FAIR human edited directory!

ABW Ambassador
    Ouch

ABW Ambassador
    well i am actualy loving this!!! all my decent sites are getting the visitors they deserve

finally!!!

Thankyou google! for doing a great job

i am now making the money i should have done 9 months ago! i now realise it was not parasites taking it, it was spam!

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Google flipped a BIG switch today that added a massive number of pages to their index.

http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/6billion.html

George Orwell got the date wrong

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Every one of my clients site pages for their best keywords on at the top of the listings at all 4 major SE's.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, client sites are not a problem. It's affiliate sites that are dropping like bird seed. However since this new way of ranking pages is being done slowly and does not yet affect the entire index, I wonder if it will stay that way. Will business to business sites be knocked down too?

Can you say filter?, I knew ya could...

SOme sites got caught, and some didn't. It helps your blood pressure if you have more than one site, with a little different design.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

I've said that all along tamalyn ..."I am now making the money i should have done 9 months ago! i now realise it was not parasites taking it, it was spam!"

The BHO's can hide after ABW broke the story on them. They steal commissions sure and act like sleezeballs pimps for their Ad Whore partner merchants at the Point of Sale. Folks are so pissed at them and the popup affiliates in general the installed millions of copies of Ad Blockers further eroding the arguement of who is worse..The drive-by BHO installers or the actual BHO's.

Add in the hidden cookie stuffers (all our own affiliate buddies) using popups and unders and they hit us honest ethical affiliates 2 way.

1. They force shoppers to seek Ad Blockers or worse ...Norton and the friggin con-men tricking them into Spoofed Ad Blockers with 180Solutions/n-case hidden installs that clean out their competitor's BHOs. Here come the other BHO's with their own phoney Ad Blocker programs wiping out their competitors. Next comes the BHO's stuffing fresh merchant cookies thru those trojan horse backdoors right onto the shoppers systems.

2. The PPCSE and SE spammers who add a new layer of trickery ..auto setting cookies without a click. Same group of tricks for clicks scum who e-mail spam as a sideline.

It's about time someone like Overstock stepes up to the plate and declair their TOS forbids any commissions going to ANY affiliate who sets a tracking cookie without a physical click....period. Then whack paychecks without mercy to drive home the point to this community and the networks they refuse to play on a playing field of crooked bums.

Then my NetworkMall idea becomes a safehaven for all the "horse hockey" being played out on the networks. Then they and others can then have their cake and eat it too.

Yes even the one's who object here to curbing and OUTING sleezy affiliate practices are just part of thousand of greed mongers thinking they are slicker then the rest. When ..not if...the major SE's wipe the SE spammers out of their SERPs they will have to exit the scene as they refuse to build bookmarkable pages.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's affiliate sites that are dropping like bird seed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't been seeing affiliate sites dropping like a stone. The only affiliate sites I see that seem to disappear are those that use extensive cross-linking of datafeed driven affiliate sites. The reason for the drop could be among a million reasons, including filters for cross-linking, duplicate content, low PR or something else altogether.

Jim

My affiliate sites are doing well

Seems the ice has been broken and 2 ABW affiliate managers announced new (TOS) Terms of Service to earn comissions. Backcountrystores and Lindas Irvs and DentalPlans plus pressuring the entire Affiliate Goddess groups programs to follow suit.

"It's about time someone like Overstock steps up to the plate and declaisr their TOS forbids any commissions going to ANY affiliate who sets a tracking cookie without a physical click....period. Then whack paychecks without mercy to drive home the point to this community and the networks they refuse to play on a playing field full of crooked bums.

Mike & Charlie ...

Ok lets do a search for my top selling product
    brand/item

I see the manufactures site, amazons site, some magazine sites, a news site. Next google page returns Cnews, BBC news, TV station. Hard to find an affiliate site. Well maybe it's just too popular a product. I need to sell something nobody writes about!

ABW Ambassador
    Like Dynamoo said: It's a filter.

It seems to kick in when a particular search term reaches a certain number of queries in a certain time period.

Do a search for "shoes". That's a competitive term that gets a large number of queries. This should demonstrate that sites are not filtered out or penalized for being affiliate sites.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread