ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    An interesting list, and some questionable company... but nonetheless, congrats to ABW for a #11 ranking in the Adbumb list this week.

also to AR, LW, and SC - abw regulars who also made the list.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    At adbumb:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Meet the two most famous people in affiliate marketing in our affiliate marketing column: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's interesting ...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Irma are they talking about Me and Charlie??

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Thanks Brian!

I wish the voting was more compartmentalized into categories so that the votes could properly go to the rightfull parties in their categories.

For those not on the AdBumb mailing list, here's the results:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>TOP CPA & AFFILIATE COMPANIES OF 2004 BY THE READERS OF ADBUMb

We didn't quite know how to do this list. The CPA and affiliate marketing world has a variety of different companies, different products, consultants, networks, technology and so on. We thought we'd at first divide the list into different parts, but couldn't decide how to divide them. So we grouped them all in one big bundle and left the rest to the readers to decide who they wanted to vote for. We were amazed how many of the larger networks didn't make the list -- many of them were noted by our readers for poor customer service and questionable ethics (payout changing, tracking issues and so on). Additionally, there were several networks that were called by our readers "just brokers" who took offers from other networks and tried to convince less knowledgeable properties to run them.

20. eMarketMakers
    http://www.emarketmakers.com
    From the evil geniuses at Vendare, the creators of Jackpot.com and loads of optins galore, comes eMarketMakers. Just recently started, they've grown in leaps and bounds. Their unique offers will ensure that they will probably be higher than #20 next time we do this list, because properties are becoming smarter and smarter with choosing offers that actually work. We are told from our internal team that their offers peform amazingly well, even on the crappiest of lists. Julie wanted our readers to actually know that "Thomas Rocks."

19. AndyRodriguez
    http://andyrodriguez.com
    We'll be 100% honest and tell you we've never heard of this guy before. But I guess enough of our readers have voted for him. We're deeply suspicious that he had an affiliate based model for voting for him in ADBUMb, but we can't prove it! Anyway, from talking to friends and family, he's known for his tough business attitude towards affiliate marketing and believes it to be something only a professional should do (don't try CPA at home kiddies).

18. Shawn Collins Consulting
    http://www.affiliatemanager.net
    Co-founder of the AffiliateSummit, Shawn Collins' name may as well be Mr. Affiliate, because he's been in the industry since the start. As the affiliate manger for ClubMom, he's been praising the affiliate model even before the Internet even started. We heard rumors that as a kid he even used to hawk lemonade on a commission basis around the 'hood and got kids to whitewash his picket fence on a CPA. Formerly a columnist for this newsletter, until his kids broke his computer, he's definitely someone to listen to.

17. AdNet International
    http://www.adnetintl.com
    Not only a rockin' affiliate network, but one of the top 20 properties in the world, AdNet International is worth taking a look at. Founded by a veteran advertising team, lead by the insatiable ClickZ author and ad-master Declan Dunn, this company has the ability to be one of the top leaders in the online advertising industry in the next few years. Our own team named them one of the top 20 companies to look out for in 2004, and our readers seem to agree that they rank up there.

16. Affiliate Goddess
    http://www.affiliategoddess.com
    The definition of Goddess is "a female being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people." or a "really big chick." We aren't sure what this has to do with Affiliate Marking, but Linda Woods may as well be the AffiliateMadam because she's been pimping affiliate offers on the net longer than anyone. She knows what she's doing and knows how to make sure offers are run, and has built a nice little business around it. Famous for her no-holds barred attitude, and team of big-haired Tammy Faye look-alikes, she is definitely someone to consider when wanting to get your offer out there.

15. NETexponent
    http://netexponent.com
    We really love this company: they are truly a direct marketing company for the masses and have perfected DM online. These guys take CPA marketing to a new level with their own custom made solutions, amazing reach and a proactive way to market CPA offers. Numerous properties that don't run CPA offers have worked with NetExponent and no other companies. Their publisher emphasized system works well and makes money for everyone.

14. RexTopia.
    http://rextopia.com
    Ok, stupid name, even lamer branding. But RexNetDirect hasn't been around for their flashy name or fluffy dinosaurs, but instead for unique offers (or so we've been told). Hey, we aren't sure what really puts them above the rest, because we've never worked with them -- but our readers love them, so we had to mention them. One reader told us, "Rextopia is a great team to work with, really good offers and great payments. We've used them as our main source for offers for a while now."

13. OfferWeb
    http://offerweb.com/
    Look at the page and you'll know why we didn't know what to think about these guys. We haven't the foggiest idea who is behind this company, or why they are doing so well. We'd honestly have trouble running their offers, because their site looks like a 15-year old's highschool business project and the corny pennies on the front page don't inspire people that they will get more than pennies. But strangely enough, people actually run their offers and we've received nothing but good comments from our readers about them.

12. Addrive.com
    http://www.addrive.com/
    Vooooom! Jeff French (the man on the mustard) and the whole SubscriberBase team have decided to take those offers that rocked on their lists and send them to the masses. These guys have been sending out penis enhancement pills since the dawn of time, and now you can get a hard-on for their offers. We've never tested their offers here, but we do know that their affiliates have told us that their offers consistently perform because they only run offers that have proven themselves through their own network. Vavoooom!

11. ABestWeb
    http://www.abestweb.com
    I am unsure how to even describe the enormous success Abestweb has become. Once seen as a little website where geocities sites visited to find crappy offers, it is now the main website for affiliate marketing on the internet, bar-none. They call themselves the "Leading Affiliate Marketing Forum" and we here at ADBUMb call them the ONLY affiliate marketing forum worth even thinking about. If you haven't gone there to look at the biggest and best offers on the net, you aren't doing affiliate marketing.

10. Performics
    http://www.performics.com
    These guys rock when it comes to affiliate marketing, and have taken it to a new level of corporate professionalism. We love how they've marketed themselves as a solution for the retail industry online to promote themselves for little upfront costs ... and have done it with a pizazz only they could do it. If you aren't working with Performics you are missing our of advertising offers on your properties that no other network can even touch. Expect great things for this unique and highly professional company.

9. iLEADmedia
    http://www.ileadmedia.com
    Never heard of them? Well, you'd be amazed how many of the offers on the web are theirs brokered. They've learned how to get almost every network to run their offers, as if they have some sort of religious fever behind them. I guess since they are from Utah they've learned to evangelize offers like no one before them. Praise CPA!

8. MYAffiliateProgram/Kowabunga
    Not quite sure what the hell Kowabunga means, but we do know their software kicks ass. Who knew that anyone in Michigan used a computer, let alone could program an amazing affiliate tracking system for thousands of affiliate programs. If you've been to the AffiliateSummit, you know these guys because their logo is all over the place and we've heard that they've paid Missy Ward to tattoo it on her forehead. We aren't sure if that's really true, but everyone we've heard from had raved about them in both articles and in the dark corners of AffiliateSummit.

7. CPAempire.com
    http://www.cpaempire.com
    From the evil geniuses behind OptinRealBig comes CPAempire, one of of the new driving forces in CPA marketing. Hey, we know they were sued by the Attorney General for brokering an offer -- but that has to mean that they are "really big." It's true: they are huge. We don't know any other network that has so many offers, big and small that you can run. If you are looking for a "really big" monthly check, this is a place to consider for all your offers.

6. Linkshare
    http://www.linkshare.com
    Sharing a beautiful thing ...especially if you can make the claim that you are the largest affiliate network in the planet. We have no idea if that is true, but they must be something big if our readers love 'em enough to put them at #6. But they are here in NYC and we love that they are paying for the street improvement outside our offices with their growth. Larry Wizel, Partner in the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications practice of Deloitte & Touche and Chair of the New York Technology Fast 50. "We applaud LinkShare for its tremendous accomplishments during economically challenging times and for being one of the elite Fast 50 companies in New York." Hey, we don't really know if their offers are any good... but even if they suck we're happy they are on our list.

5. BeFree/ValueClick
    http://www.befree.com
    Hell, I don't know why you'd want to use the word free in your affiliate marketing program. I'd rather think that I'm running ads that actually make money.. Eh? Well, ValueClick must have thought they were making tons of money because they bought BeFree...(More comments on CJ)

4. WebClient & WebSponsor
    http://www.webclients.com
    Don't try to go to websponsor.com because you'll get caught in one of those horrible search pages that don't want to let you go. Hell, don't go to websponsor.net because its a weird German advertising site that seems to want to take your money and whip you. Well, webclients seems to be the choice of many of the smaller sites on the net, ala Commission Junction and is racing to take over their place. While we haven't heard much about their personalized attention, the diversity of the offer base has gained it some attention in recent months.

3. DirectTrack
    http://www.directtrack.com
    The king of online tracking comes in the form of Jason Wolfe, CEO of DirectTrack. We've profiled his company as one of the leading forces in online advertising, and their continued dedication to creating new products has lead them into becoming a name synonymous with ROI Tracking. Besides being used by numerous companies in their affiliate marketing efforts, more than one of the people in our top 20 use their software for their network.

2. CommissionJunction
    http://www.cj.com
    Say what you want about CJ, it's still one of the best places to find some of the most interesting offers. Of course they don't really care who puts their offer up, so rest assured that more than 75% of them will be complete crap (ie, selling computers for a 1% commission) and you'll have to wade through 5,000 mortgage offers. But, occasionally it has an amazing offer and people jump on it -- and you'd be amazed how many brokers are just pimping CJ offers on their "networks." Honestly, Commission Junction might be #1, because ValueClick recently acquired them.. and will merge BeFree with CJ. Eh, give me comments on this one. feedback@adbumb.com

1. AZOOGLEads.com
    http://www.azoogleads.com
    Who would have imagined that two guys from NYC could move to Canada and create the fastest growing ad network on the face of the planet. We aren't quite sure how to pronounce their name, but we do know that they have developed their own in-house tracking system that rocks beyond anything we could even think of dreaming up in our wildest ad-inspired dreams. Dynamic content based on ROI is the name of the game for these CPA-dudes. Besides some rocking offers, we've been told they have awesome affiliate service that has made them friends industry wide.

Not only do we agree but our 25,000 readers decided to name them #1, so that must be something to talk about. If you believe in CPA marketing, you should believe in Azoogleleads.com.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Urgh I see our friends from SPAMempire err no.. CPAempire listed as "evil geniuses".

One question.. if this isn't where I can find crappy offers for my Geocities site, when can I go?

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wish the voting was more compartmentalized into categories so that the votes could properly go to the rightfull parties in their categories.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed... but then again that wouldn't be very Adbumb like would it. I always end up generally confused and discombobulated after a read. i think thats at least part of the point though?

[edited for lazy spelling]

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

[This message was edited by shareasale on February 17, 2004 at 12:43 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    some interesting reads in there

Don't know if I should laugh or cry about the ugly realities they wrote about CJ

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Discomobulated?

Sounds painful...

WTG Haiko... We could have stuffed the ballot box for you and driven you to number one. Let us know next time.

And Andy - "We'll be 100% honest and tell you we've never heard of this guy before." It's okay Andy, we know who you are.

As for CPA empire - yeah they're big, you know what kind of big I'm talking about.

And the guy that wrote this up has obviously just graduated from a Dale Carnegie leadership course. Rarely have I seen someone try so hard to compliment - everyone.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

Fred:

I don't know about compliments ... using Tammy Faye as a descriptor for the Goddess team doesn't quite fit my definition of compliment!

The fact that they've never heard of Andy and use the word genius in association with CPAempire, well ...

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am unsure how to even describe the enormous success Abestweb has become. Once seen as a little website where geocities sites visited to find crappy offers, it is now the main website for affiliate marketing on the internet, bar-none. They call themselves the "Leading Affiliate Marketing Forum" and we here at ADBUMb call them the ONLY affiliate marketing forum worth even thinking about. If you haven't gone there to look at the biggest and best offers on the net, you aren't doing affiliate marketing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> AndyRodriguez

We'll be 100% honest and tell you we've never heard of this guy before. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haiko, bump Andys forum up the page a bit so they can see him

King GuffStar - KingGuffster.com | Parasitewareâ„¢ Support The Fight

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    No wonder I never get invited to speak at any Ad Whore events. I'm must be the Dennis Miller of this industry! Have to work on my image and branding.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Congrats to my colleagues at AffiliateGoddess.com, and to Andy, Shawn, and ABW!

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.manager
    ::eastwood.com::householdauto.com::integrarx.com::
    e: patrice@affiliategoddess.com | aim: patricemilligan

Patrice:

@ the photo ...

Before you stock up on the necessary makeup, let me send you an affiliate link!

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    They obviously need to be edumacated about optInMyArse.com

Someone send them the URL to the thread here.

George Orwell got the date wrong

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Yes congrats to all who made it into this profusely irreverent and pompous publication.
    Like they say "any publicity is good publicity!"

Thanks for the tfb pic Patrice!

BTW I think the Tammy line was directed at my big hair pic from the good 'ole days which is in my bio on the Goddess site.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patrice:
    Congrats to my colleagues at AffiliateGoddess.com, and to Andy, Shawn, and ABW!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Patrice - and congrats to everybody, too - though it's something of a dubious honor.

Like Haiko mentioned, I would have liked to have seen the voting broken out into segments (networks, resources, consultants, etc.). It's a bit of an apples and oranges list.

<font size="2" color="#0000ff" face="verdana">Shawn Collins</font>
    <font size="1" color="#000000" face="verdana">www.ShawnCollinsConsulting.com - scollins@affiliatemanager.net - 908-522-0056
    outsourced affiliate program management</font>

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, lets see, the site who has one of the biggest spammers out there, advertise in their newsletter, also honors a whole bunch of spammers.

Yippy!!!!

You know how they always say, there are 3-4 companies that do all the spamming?? Well they are all adbumb favs!!!!

Adbumb and their little incestuous pool of friends, including the oh so honored shawn collins, is why this entire industry is heading into the toilet.

Chet

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, Chet

Chet - I'm pretty sure Shawn severed his ties with adbumb...not sure if that changes your opinion or not, but I figured I'd mention it.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.manager
    ::eastwood.com::householdauto.com::integrarx.com::
    e: patrice@affiliategoddess.com | aim: patricemilligan

Linda, Linda, Shawn, Haiko, and Andy! Hooray!

And Linda, we all have those pictures.

Cheers,

Beth

Audible: providing you tools to earn more cash!
    Coupons * Seven Direct Data Feeds * Bonuses for Top Partners * Strong Support
    www.audible.com/affiliates

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread