Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Newbies, Sink Your Teeth Into This.....
    I know that all of you affiliate curious folks that gander thru ABW are looking for quick answers to monetizing your sites.

Let's talk about what really works.

AFFILIATE Marketing...

- Is it promoting ONE site, adding content, SEO, press releases, blogging about it and building it into a winner ?

- Is it having many mediocre sites, paying for traffic and stuffing them full of affiliate links and banners?

Maybe both?

Let's discuss........

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

- Is it promoting ONE site, adding content, SEO, press releases, blogging about it and building it into a winner ?

This is a focused approach. The power of focus, as you know, can be incredible. By promoting ONE site, which is going to be based on a particular niche, you bring a lot to the table. Over time, it grows since you are adding content, linking and blogging, promoting it, add more content and affiliate links. Agreed that you might just have one site as a source of income, but over time I think it makes for a great case of laser-tight, focused, success.

ABW Ambassador
    I have done both types of sites and it has become obvious to me that the only purpose to a non-focussed approach is it will over time reveal which products/niches/merchants I should focuss on (because they attract, convert, track and pay). Long story short - put me down as a supporter of the One (or several Ones) very focussed site approach. Either way you go, this is what you will end up with in the end if you follow your stats...

ABW Ambassador
    "Is it promoting ONE site, adding content, SEO, press releases, blogging about it and building it into a winner ?"

Yes, but not just one. Once you find something that works for you, keep building new quality sites.

"Is it having many mediocre sites, paying for traffic and stuffing them full of affiliate links and banners?"

If you approach your business with this kind of attitude, it will likely fail.

Affiliate Manager
    If you are just starting out, would it be better to start with several sites and see which one(s) gain traction and then focus? I do believe that any site you start should be a quality site.

For Newbies, yes it would be best to start with several sites to test learn and analyze what works and what doesn't then it's rinse lather and repeat and tweak adjust.

I'll add that one of major problems that hinder aff earnings is that many who follow the above stop testing and stop tweaking because of various reasons including complacency. I have seen THOUSANDS of affiliates over the years who have stopped improving and growing to the next level ... One thing that I learned at 18 from reading Tommy Hopkins is definitely appropriate --- Success is a Journey, NOT [B]a destination ... many affiliates who do keep on keeping on and finding the secret sauce and rolling with the changes will stagnate -- yes they may be making $XX per mo, or maybe just $X but in reality if they are making any type of money they could be making much more with the proper efforts. So remember it's a journey and you need to keep making more and working smarter, not harder.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    For Newbies, yes it would be best to start with several sites to test learn and analyze what works and what doesn't then it's rinse lather and repeat and tweak adjust.

I'll add that one of major problems that hinder aff earnings is that many who follow the above stop testing and stop tweaking because of various reasons including complacency. I have seen THOUSANDS of affiliates over the years who have stopped improving and growing to the next level ... One thing that I learned at 18 from reading Tommy Hopkins is definitely appropriate --- Success is a Journey, NOT [B]a destination ... many affiliates who do keep on keeping on and finding the secret sauce and rolling with the changes will stagnate -- yes they may be making $XX per mo, or maybe just $X but in reality if they are making any type of money they could be making much more with the proper efforts. So remember it's a journey and you need to keep making more and working smarter, not harder.
    Can't argue with that reasoning ....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    "Is it promoting ONE site, adding content, SEO, press releases, blogging about it and building it into a winner ?"

Yes, but not just one. Once you find something that works for you, keep building new quality sites.

"Is it having many mediocre sites, paying for traffic and stuffing them full of affiliate links and banners?"

If you approach your business with this kind of attitude, it will likely fail.
    Touche -

I think it is a combination of both - currently (and I am relatively new, less than a year) I have 3 sites that i am working on optimizing on all levels. Now that I am getting the hang of it I am seeing some pretty good success

If you do have one good site, does it make sense to mirror the content under different URL's?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I think you want to dip your foot in the water with a variety of sites to see what works (for you). Then scrap the clunkers and focus on the good one(s).
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by crfbusiness
    If you do have one good site, does it make sense to mirror the content under different URL's?
    Noooooo. No mirror sites cause big G will find out and penalize you. Yup, big brother is watching....

Quote Originally Posted by crfbusiness
    I would have to say absolutely not.

Been there and done that.

I have no doubt that I am being punished for it in the SE's.

Just too deep into the new site to abandon it now that I know better. -

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread