Question Question for AM's + Network Earnings Rank Bars
    Greetings AMs,

Ok ok so I have some questions for AM's that are on CJ!

When you review a new site that is applying to one of your programs.

How much of an impact does the Network Earning Bar rankings do in your review of sites looking to join your programs?

Also .. During auto approves / rejects, do they have a setting to auto reject sites that are lower then x # of network earning bars?

Something like .. If site doesnt have 2 bars - auto reject, but if they have 2 or more bars - auto approve.

Thanks for reading and any comments you provide.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

ABW Ambassador
    I had 1 sale and jumped up to 3 bars on CJ (from zero). Those bars shouldn't make it so people are accepted or rejected.

http and a telephoto
    Agree with Julian, there are 5 bar affiliates that I wouldn't touch and plenty of good affiliates with 1-3 bars. Website quality should be your determining factor, and promotional methods, *not* number of bars...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Agree with Julian, there are 5 bar affiliates that I wouldn't touch and plenty of good affiliates with 1-3 bars. Website quality should be your determining factor, and promotional methods, *not* number of bars...

Which programs do you manage in CJ ?
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Magi, because 99% of the affiliates with New for their Network Earnings showed no traffic we set our CJ account to auto reject them. We found that we spent way too much time screen poor opportunities. We set our decline emails with language offering to give the site a second review if the affiliate thought they were rejected in error. Of those we have accepted 100%. CJ allows new affiliates to auto apply to every program and this fills up your pending queue with a lot of non-targeted sites.

To do this go to Account >> Program Settings >> Publisher Accept/Decline Method >> Edit Rules. Under Auto Approve in the drop down select Network Rank. You can set to auto decline or manually approve.

One other thing we do is daily we check the Declined Applications. If we see an affiliate that has risen in the Network Earnings or in EPC we send them an offer.

Their EPC doesn't much matter to me. There are some countries that I don't seriously consider unless they have a track record though and these are countries we've had some serious issues with. But for U.S., UK, Canada, etc. the EPC doesn't much matter, it's the opportunity that matters.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Magi, because 99% of the affiliates with New for their Network Earnings showed no traffic we set our CJ account to auto reject them. We found that we spent way too much time screen poor opportunities. We set our decline emails with language offering to give the site a second review if the affiliate thought they were rejected in error. Of those we have accepted 100%. CJ allows new affiliates to auto apply to every program and this fills up your pending queue with a lot of non-targeted sites.

To do this go to Account >> Program Settings >> Publisher Accept/Decline Method >> Edit Rules. Under Auto Approve in the drop down select Network Rank. You can set to auto decline or manually approve.

One other thing we do is daily we check the Declined Applications. If we see an affiliate that has risen in the Network Earnings or in EPC we send them an offer.

Wow.. I had a feeling there was some setting feature with the networking bars ... Now I know it to be true !

Thanks for the intel Chuck!
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Thanks guys this has been very insightful in great info. Bump it up!

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    Which programs do you manage in CJ ?
    We moved Viator from CJ late last year and I have managed several there over the past 2 years. Viator was on manual approval.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

It does get pretty hectic sorting through all the auto apply apps...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread