Anyone has experience with using Visa Electron debit card with internet purchases?

Do a merchant that accept Visa credit card will be able to accept Visa Electron?

I use visa debit card all the time.. it is recognized just as a credit card but of course limited to what you have in your account.

is electron the same thing? it's usually called an ATM/Check card by the bank issuing it.

Canadian eh, do you use it with Google adwords and Overture?

VISA ELECTRON page
    http://international.visa.com/ps/products/electron/

with adwords yes the visa debit works fine..

that electron I'm not sure, it doesn't seem exactly the same as a debit/check card tied to a common checking account at your bank. It does say it can be used at more than 12 million electronic merchants and works just like other visa cards wherever it is accepted.

Visa Electron is a product available in the EU and CEMEA regions of Visa International. This card although issued in these regions, can be in the Visa network worldwide, thru electronic POS'. It requires an electronic authorisation for each transaction no matter how small it may be. Most banks don't allow this card to be used on the Internet. Unless your bank has enabled online trasactions with this card, your transaction will NOT be authorized. It's not up to the online merchant, but up to your bank.

If you are using a Visa or MC Debit card, you open up your bank account to non refundable fraud!

http://www.bendover.com/askbenquesti..._fldAuto=%2063

I never accept a Visa/MC debit card from a bank. I return it and ask for a regular debit card.

I really don't want someone getting ahold of a "Works like a charge card" but sucks out of my bank account.

Say you enter your Visa Debit card on the web. Unlike a debit card, it doe's not require a PIN number.

Someone siphons the card number and starts using it buying crap all over the place. There are no checks for address matches. You can be liable for the whole amount used.

The money is immediatly withdrawn from your bank account and you have a Zero Balance. You got ripped and very little recourse. If you do have recourse, how many days, weeks or months will it take before you acutally get your money back.

Not good if your one of those that have nothing to pay bills after this kind of ripoff.

Just be aware.

Allen

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread