Question Getting started in the business
    What is the best way to learn the affiliate marketing business?

Affiliate Manager
    Read everything you can lay your hands on and then prepared to make mistakes and learn from them. Best of luck.

Start building sites. Read as much as you can on forums like this one. Try to get some traffic. Test what works and what doesn't work. Build good sites for the long-term.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by bnell
    While you are working on your website .. in the background have past affiliate summit videos up from all the different speakers / events ..

Its a great way to learn about affiliate marketing as you work..

Heres the awesome link .. save it:
    http://www.affiliatesummit.com/affsumvid/
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Ben – The AIM Group
    Hi bnell, a great book to read on affiliate marketing is: "A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing" By Evgenii Prussakov. That is a huge help!

All the best,

Research! the web is full of information on this fast growing ever changing avenue. Read articles, blogs, and forums. Plenty of free ebooks also.

Good Luck!

Smile
    Thnx 4 the tip. Will check out from local library.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    WOW!

Hours and hours of videos .... Don't go there without a pen, paper and another browser open. -

Did not know that those videos existed ......

Thanks AffiliateSummit ......

Wish they would get a little closer to the Great State of Texas ....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by bnell
    Jump in with both feet!

You'll need to learn a little bit of everything, from compelling copywriting, to coding, to SEO, to hosting and well beyond. You can manage the basics with a blogger account and a handful of widgets, but you'd just be touching the surface. You can go as deep as you like, and likely will end up over your head at some point, but I say jump in with both feet, because after reading everything you can digest on the subject, your most poignant lessons will still be those hard won, through your own tenacious pursuit of your goals.

Best of luck!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Ok the information the guys are giving you is correct.Your really need to read and watch video's from the affiliate marketing guru's.At first it will feel like an information overload there are so many things that you can do to make money.

I suggest you set yourself up with a decent webhost and get yourself a short catchy domain name 123 reg are offering .info's for 88p for a year.

Now your setup with your domain name and webhost.I suggest that you build a website using your cpanel (control panel) there you will find an icon that says Fantastico (it is pretty fantastic) .Fantastico is an auto installer it will install for you a blogg or a shop or a forum similar to this.Or even a simple website.
    I recommend wordpress its my favorite i love it and i want it to have my children (slight exageration there lol !!!)

Then you want to register wil affiliate programs that are promoting products and services that are similar to your website theme. Examples of themes are golf, art,Football, Anything that you are interested in really.You will find that thier are a lot of people interested in what you like and they will all need to buy stuff to support thier hobby or activity just like you have to and we all have to.

I love my xbox 360 and regulary buy through a friends blogg to give him commission i would be buying these goods anyway and i like him so i buy from him.

What you want to do is build a community of people who like you and they will buy from your affiliate links or they will click on your adsense links.Why because your offering them what they want.

Your website should have good content.You should really write it yourself at the very least once a week.What do you want you website to be like ie Cheers (friendly and fun )Or a more professional website.

Its not hard you will do great believe in yourself make sure you have a clear idea what you want and stick to it.

all the best

Cash x

some added thoughts.
    1. avoid getting too much going on...focus and learn
    2. beware of scams praying on folks looking for quick success--most info is already available for free
    3. be discplined, know what you want to get done every day and do it
    4. keep learning, seek out other AM or IM types to talk to
    5. you can start with product from others....work to having your own offering
    6. lastly I like a business that has an offline aspect to it as well

In addition to getting information for free, try to get everything for free.

Instead of shelling out money for a webhost, set up a "practice" blog on one of the free services such as Blogger.com and start playing around with it. The first thing you will notice is that even though it is easy to write something and have a decent looking blog, there will be nobody looking at your blog.

This will lead you to doing a bunch of research on how to get traffic. You will then test many different options for getting trafic which will lead you to testing what people do once they get to your site.

All of this trial and error is necessary for you to understand what affiliate marketing is all about. I would rather do this type of research and testing without my credit card being charged every month.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi

Just found this! Gold I tell you, GOLD

Just use the Search button here.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

A+
    Quote Originally Posted by pjvesperman
    Just found this! Gold I tell you, GOLD
    Thanks for the link--it is very good stuff.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Find legitimate sources of info on the subject, like the ones mentioned here. If there is anything to the effect "Make $500 a day spending only 20 minutes a week" do not waste your time with it - that garbage is designed to make money for only one person - the author.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread