Red face Just starting out
    I am currently a burned out NYC public school teacher. Seriously looking into marketing affiliate as a new career. However, was listening to CEO of Overstock.com on Book TV this morning describing how they dropped all of their NY affiliates because of the new internet tax law. Left me feeling very discouraged. Wondering if I should still pursue. Will it be possible for someone just starting out to build a profitable MA business if they are a NY resident? Any opinions/ advice greatly appreciated

A few hundred merchants have excluded New York affiliates because of that state's adoption of the unconstitutional "Amazon Tax" -- but there are tens of thousands of merchants with affiliate programs.

This one issue should not be a "deal-breaker" -- but read through the Magic Bullet thread (search for it) and spend a few dozen hours reading through the discussion forums here, before making any decisions.

Affiliate marketing brings many opportunities, but like most "work from home" opportunities, far more people fail than succeed.

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    A few hundred merchants have excluded New York affiliates because of that state's adoption of the unconstitutional "Amazon Tax" -- but there are tens of thousands of merchants with affiliate programs.

This one issue should not be a "deal-breaker" -- but read through the Magic Bullet thread (search for it) and spend a few dozen hours reading through the discussion forums here, before making any decisions.

Affiliate marketing brings many opportunities, but like most "work from home" opportunities, far more people fail than succeed.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. In the process of reading the Magic Bullet thread.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bnell
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. In the process of reading the Magic Bullet thread.
    Best move a newbie has made on their own in a while.

Keep on keeping on...

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Affiliate Manager
    Welcome to ABW. Don't let one thing make your decision for you. Read everything you can get your hands on and then make the decision.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    bnell, none of my merchants are excluding New York affiliates and always happy to work with newbies. Drop me a note to chuck@hamrick.biz as I have a new school related merchant you may be interested in.

Post Read out
    Before Planning to start a career into anything, read topics on it. Gather information regarding the new program, when you think you have gathered enough move on to start what you want to.Tax internet law won't be a big issue.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread