Hi,

I live outside of the U.S,
    and I found out that in my bank, in order to cash in a check of more than $500, I'll have to wait 20 days before the bank can validate it, and in case the check would be more than $1000 it would take even a month, it's pretty frustrating, is that considered normal?

how is it like with your banks?

isn't there a way to make the waiting period shorter?

the CJ check is a check from CJ, not from the Wells Fargo bank itself right?

If it was from the Wells Fargo bank itself the check would be more reliable for the bank, right?

If you receive your check in US Dollars, then the wait can be a long time. I have to wait around 20 days also, which is working days, so it takes a while. My bank also will not normally accept checks over 10k USD without a sizeable fee, and a minimum of 8 weeks clearance - but fortunately they don't apply those rules if you have a proven banking record with international checks (which most will have by the time they're banking 10k checks).

Your best bet if CJ has it available for your country, would be to get an international money order/bank check in your currency. These clear as any normal check does. The only problem is that they seem to take an extra point or so in the exchange rate, so you can lose quite a sizeable sum.

There is a bright side to all this.. Your web site earns money for 1 month. It takes 1 & 1/2 months to receive your check. It then takes 1 month to clear. All up, around 3 & 1/2 months or so.. Once you've ridden the initial ride through, you've always got 3 months or so of earnings coming to you.. It's a nice security blanket.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Do not go for big banks, here in Argentina, some small banks or exchange houses with financial services charge me a 2% fee, but the waiting for the cash is: 1 minute.

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    i live in the uk and my cheque is sent in £, so it takes the normal 5 days to clear, and no fee, so i am very happy

Tamalyn, if you're in the UK you can get paid by direct deposit, much quicker than waiting for a cheque to clear.

ABW Ambassador
    hi

thanks for that, but i love receiving my cheque, makes it more real, but i am sure i will change to direct deposit soon!

If you gave us a clue at the where outside the US you were it could help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I use DD in the UK, it works just fine, although it takes a few days between it being debited from the CJ account to going into my bank account. That having been said, the cheques are no hassle either because they're actually drawn on Lloyds TSB on behalf of Wells Fargo.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

"Question for International Affiliates about Checks"

At CJ the Direct Deposit is till now only available to those from US, UK and Canada.

As Direct Deposit is far more easier to receive,
    I ask my fellow CJ affiliates from other countries
    to contact and urge CJ to settle the Direct Deposit for all countries.

( Checks cost me more bankfees and take at least
    three weeks.)

Best regards.
    jimone

thanks for the response, I'm from Israel, so I can't get a direct deposit or checks in my own currency, can getting checks in euros instead of dollars help me too?

are these small banks that Fer mentioned available in most countries? do they give you the money in cash or into your bank account?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread