Alstrasoft?
    Hi all,

I am another looking for an network affiliate program... But DT is way too expensive for me.

I have seen alstrasoft. But no one on here is talking about it...

Is it like a no go? Are they dodgy so something like that.

Can someone tell me where I can get something more the $300 to $500 mark?

I am starting from new and cannot afford DT or their monthly subscription.

alstrasoft seem to have all the requirements of a network affiliate. But I dont want to waste my money and time if its just junk.

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.affiliatewiz.com runs about $700 and you own the code.

I need a network version. So I want to be the middle man in this.

Is there a specific term for this? I want to be able to connect the merchants ie numerous with numerous affiliates.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    What is your budget for servers?
    What is your budget for Support & QA staff?

Not much really... For server I can afford whatever the rate is for something small for now... Ie up to $200 maybe $300 a month. Support staff is in house at the moment. I have a team of people who will share their daily work with it.

To start with we will be small and looking to grow to about 30 - 50 merchants a year. At that point we can probably afford to pay for something like DT but not now.

Thanks

Aff tracking
    Sidshady, so as to not assume anything have you looked into the various shareware or free programs? We used an excel spreadsheet at the very start.

Good Luck

First, I'm not impressed by the idea that someone who wants to create an "affiliate network" is apparently doing so on a shoestring.

> "AlstraSoft Affiliate Network Pro ... affiliate network software solution that allows you to start your own successful affiliate network just like LinkShare and Commission Junction. Run your own affiliate program network just like the big boys for only $390 and stop paying thousands of dollars for the license fee." <
    The very first question: identify three companies that use this software and are satisfied with it. I was unable to find one.

Try calling the company and asking a question or two. I tried -- they didn't answer their telephone (at 10:00 am Pacific time). I can't find a company location or address anywhere on the company's web site; their server is hosted at JaguarPC.com in New York, and the companies might be affiliated (see also jaguarpc.com/specialty-hosting/alstrasoft-hosting.php). I was also unable to reach any humans by telephone at JaguarPC at 1:10pm New York time.

I think the claims here are simply absurd. You are not going to get all the functionality that CJ and LS provide for a $390 one-time payment. Instead, you'll probably get a superficially similar front-end (that is, it looks similar to someone who's never managed an affiliate program), and a back-end that's held together with shoestrings and duck tape.

When your server crashes, or the software fails to work properly, good luck getting that tech support from a company that doesn't answer its phones. And you're going to bet your company on this?

It might be a great value for the price, but you're not going to get the same functionality.

If you think this software might meet your needs, then go ahead and buy it -- if you can't invest $390 to test it out, then you certainly don't have the ability to run an affiliate network.

I was thinking of trying it and even if the money is wasted its not a problem, but from what you have said, its not even worth that....

But what can I do? Is there anything in this range? Even I can go to $1000 but I cannot afford the $2000 a month on DT.

Even I can go to $2000 for like the start up, but the monthly payment that DT wants is too much for me.

So any other suggestions, please pleaseeeeee let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by stgga
    Sidshady, so as to not assume anything have you looked into the various shareware or free programs? We used an excel spreadsheet at the very start.

Good Luck

No not looked at any like this. To be honest I dont know what is availbble or even reliable.

I dont need something that is wow and offers amazing functionality, but something that works, has some options, and is reliable.

So please send me what ever links you have.

Thanks

freeware
    there are several out there...google it and you'll see several. Then check reviews on them. We have a business where we develop Brick and Byte businesses (there is both offline and online components) and launch them locally and grow from there to broader affilaite networks. Using excel to start and track has been cost effective. I will see what excel template we modified to do this. But the price is great-free!

Quote Originally Posted by stgga
    there are several out there...google it and you'll see several. Then check reviews on them. We have a business where we develop Brick and Byte businesses (there is both offline and online components) and launch them locally and grow from there to broader affilaite networks. Using excel to start and track has been cost effective. I will see what excel template we modified to do this. But the price is great-free!

I would love to hear about them. And get them if possible. Waiting not so patiently ...lol

No not looked at any like this. To be honest I dont know what is availbble or even reliable.

I dont need something that is wow and offers amazing functionality, but something that works, has some options, and is reliable.

So please send me what ever links you have.

Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stgga

I would love to hear about them. And get them if possible. Waiting not so patiently ...lol

Sorry for repost, but just seen the reply button... hahaha...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidshady
    Even I can go to $1000 but I cannot afford the $2000 a month on DT.
    I don't understand why you even bother? Have assed tech = failure.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread