Need help with shareasale datafeeds
    Hello, everyone.
    I'm new member here as well as in shareasale.
    And also in affiliate marketing.

I wanted to start it with datafeed sites. But the shareasale datafeeds are available only in pipe delimited format. Any idea how can I convert that to comma delimited csv file?

Welcome to ABW cocaine. If you would expand on how you want to use the feeds it might help. Are you going to run them through a script or what. Most really like pipe delimited. I use what ever is available if there is no choice.

Thanks john.
    I want to use that with a wordpress plugin.
    This is the one.
    http://www.digitalquill.co.uk/datafeedplugin/

It only works with coma separated csv file.

And can you please suggest me what is the best way to make website using pipe delimited datafeed?

Welcome to ABW. Many of us rely on WebMerge to create sites from datafeeds: http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...bmergefaq.html and there is a limited version free trial version.

PopShops and GoldenCan also offer dynamic php for your site.

Or you could open the pipe-delimited file and change it to a csv file in Excel or OpenOffice (does a better job) or by find-and-replace even in Notepad.

Most datafeeds will need some tweaking before you use them. Good luck.

Hi, my problem is I don't know php coding.
    So I am looking for something which can help me to start a store instantly. I have a good knowldge of PPC marketing so I thought if I manage to create a store using any of these scripts, then I can start PPC campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine
    Hi, my problem is I don't know php coding.
    So I am looking for something which can help me to start a store instantly. I have a good knowldge of PPC marketing so I thought if I manage to create a store using any of these scripts, then I can start PPC campaigns.
    As stated above WebMerge is a great product and does not require PHP experience, a little HTML-type coding into your template is all it takes. Also stated above, EVERY datafeed requires a little tweeking to make it fit an individuals needs or to correct errors by the merchant.

If it was as easy as pushing ONE button and instantly you have a great site everyone would have it and there would be 1000's of sites with every product out there (instead of the 100's there is now hahahaha.) The effort you put into it is what will make it unique and draw in your customers.

Take the pipe delimited datafeed and open it with almost any good text editor, or OpenOffice, Microsoft Excel, or whatever.

Do a "search-and-replace" for the pipe symbol (|) and replace it with a comma (,).

Now save the file and you've got a comma delimited file.

Go from there with whatever instructions you have for using the feed with your WP plugin.

As for suggestions about using a pipe delimited datafeed to make a website -- there are as many ways to do this as you could imagine. The simplest way, if you aren't totally committed to using just the WP plugin you have, might be something like this:

Forget about using the datafeed itself, go to the merchant's "Make a Page" in your Shareasale.com dashboard and create product displays/pages. Install the Exec-PHP plugin for WP, then use your Make a Page creations in WP for pages and posts.

If that won't work for you, consider the PopShops suggestions, Golden Can suggestions, and even WebMerge for creating pages you can plug into your WP site.

Hang around here and read a lot. And good luck to you!
    Generate more fake news.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    When dealing with datafeed files, sooner or later you are going to need some php/mysql knowledge. Better to learn it now.

http and a telephoto
    Thanks john.
    I want to use that with a wordpress plugin.
    This is the one.
    http://www.digitalquill.co.uk/datafeedplugin/

It only works with coma separated csv file.
    I would request the plugin developer add importing pipe delimited files. He doesn't list Shareasale on his site, probably because he is looking at mostly the European networks, but a good plugin that would pull in Shareasale data would get him a larger audience to market to.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you very much guys for the suggestion and advices. I am going through all of this. But I have one more doubt. Can I market these kind of websites with adwords? I mean is it allowed? Will they let me do that? Otherwise what do you think is better option?

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I would request the plugin developer add importing pipe delimited files. He doesn't list Shareasale on his site, probably because he is looking at mostly the European networks, but a good plugin that would pull in Shareasale data would get him a larger audience to market to.
    I requested same.
    He said he is working on it and that will be available for free to all his existing customers as well.

The reason I've always hated the CSV (comma separated variable) files is that you need to replace the 'pipe' with a quote, a comma and another quote which is fine for separation with a CSV program UNLESS someone has included quotes inside the data fields separately. The CSV separation program quickly becomes a monster - ARGHH

But I have one more doubt. Can I market these kind of websites with adwords? I mean is it allowed?
    None of the site building suggestions would restrict what type of content you put on to your site, including AdWords.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread