Hi all

I'm an affiliate with Shopping.com (previously Dealtime.com). They paid cheques pretty regularly when they were under BeFree.

Ever since they switched to their 'in-house' affiliate program, and got out of BeFree, I've not received a single check. Worse, their reporting engine (Dealtime Partner Resource) is currently down and I'm unable to check the traffic I send to them and my commissions.

Does anyone have the same trouble? Something sounds fishy here. Help!

Best Regards,
    Gary Hendricks
    http://www.desktop-video-guide.com
    Learn how to create and edit your own digital videos!

ABW Ambassador
    Has there been a Change in Focus?

Mike Mackin

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Anyone dumb enough to push these DUPERS shopping.com Dealtime.com Smartbargains.com shooting themselves in the foot, might as well also push Gator/WhenU/eBates and destroy their own and my earning power.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Just say "Dealtime" and the lake gets thawed.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

"Ever since they switched to their 'in-house' affiliate program, and got out of BeFree, I've not received a single check. Worse, their reporting engine (Dealtime Partner Resource) is currently down and I'm unable to check the traffic I send to them and my commissions."

===================
    Hi Gary,

It's Shannon from Shopping.com. What check are you missing? I checked your payment vouchers and everything looks current. And although we are no longer working with BeFree our payment schedule is still the same, so if you are indeed missing a payment please let me know and I’ll investigate. Also, our reporting system seems to be working normally. Are you still having problems logging into your account? If yes, please send me a message and I’ll investigate. Hopefully you still have my contact information. If you don’t my e-mail is swoodly@dealtime.com (or swoodly@shopping.com) and my telephone number is 650.616.6503.

Thanks,
    Shannon
    Phone: 650.616.6503

Shannon Woodly
    Manager, Associate Marketing
    tel: 212. 905. 8102
    fax: 212. 905. 8100

DealTime®
    Compare products, prices, and
    stores at www.dealtime.com

ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyone dumb enough to push these DUPERS shopping.com Dealtime.com Smartbargains.com shooting themselves in the foot, might as well also push Gator/WhenU/eBates and destroy their own and my earning power. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any dumb enough to push another shopping site, well why don't you push MY shopping site instead of those other guys.

Frankly, I won't pay you either, but at least I won't promise anything and I run a clean site.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ROLMAO ...Jimbo's plan gives them no wiggle room to rant about not getting paid.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> jimbo2002 wrote: "Frankly, I won't pay you either..." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Now THAT'S what I like! Honesty in a merchant! If you aren't going to pay the stupid little affiliate dolts, tell 'em so up front. That way they can't say they didn't know.

Andy

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Yeah, any affiliates want me to promote them for free too.

Any body wants to promote my site. I'll pay you as soon.

Dumb real Dumb

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    First let me say. I haven't gotten paid yet either. But, something has not changed with their site, they finally converted the clicks into what they are worth in cash Altrhough if I never get paid, I suppose that doesn't matter too much

Now, why do I link with them, I only link to the products and merchants that don't have an affiliate program but are members of their network. I remember when they first went inhouse and I was about to drop them, but there was a site with products I wanted, but didn't have an affiliate program. I asked them for a link to these certain products from a specific merchant. They told me, their mission was price comparisons. I told them, I didn't care what their mission was, either they give me what I need, or I didn't need them (I said it nicer though). I got the links I want. In general, I link very selectively so any site I am already affiliate with won't copme up when my visitors click shopping.com's links.

Anyway, I haven't been paid yet, but I am happy to know exactly how much I haven't been paid yet

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow gifts and collectibles

Mike,

BeFree's voucher system says that you were paid, however, your check may have been delayed because of the Holiday. Please give me a call on Monday, Feb. 23 if you still haven’t received your payment and I will investigate. My phone number, in case you don’t have it, is 650.616.6503, and my e-mail address is swoodly@dealtime.com or swoodly@shopping.com.

Thanks,
    Shannon

Shannon Woodly
    Manager, Merchant Development
    Shopping.com, Inc.
    fax: 650.616.6510

www.dealtime.com

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Shannon

Check came today. I wasn't upset. I'm pretty much never upset about late checks in February. The only checks I start worrying about is october - january. Those are the 'big' ones.

But, there is something that would be nice. Before, on your site, you used to list number of clicks. Now you list earned amount. Would it to too much to ask to list both # of clicks and amount to be paid. I suppose I would like other information too, but lets just start with this and work our way from there :-)

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike,

I'm happy you got your check and I sincerely apologize for the delay in it reaching you.

Please send your inquiry to Tessa White at associate@shopping.com. You can also call her at 650.616.6543. Tessa can better help you with your inquiry as she is now managing our associate program (yes, I’ve moved on.

That said, please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever have a question or comment. My telephone number changed (650.616.6503) but my e-mail address remained the same (swoodly@dealtime.com).

Thanks,
    Shannon

Shannon Woodly
    Manager, Merchant Development
    Shopping.com, Inc.
    fax: 650.616.6510

www.dealtime.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread