ABW Ambassador
    Lost my hard drive about 2 weeks ago. Bought a new one and went from Win98 to SP.

Have found that other thatn losing and having to reclaim data is that you also lose all the email addresses that you've blocked.

I'm getting 200 - 300 emails a day, 98% of which are worthless.

Yeah, I've lost my blocks at one point too. It really sucks. You're going to have to take some time and reprogram your blocker. Starting with a new drive and OS you will find other things you're missing as you go that'll upset you. Good luck!

far far away....
    Have you considered an email verification system?

there are several ways to do this..

subscribe to a email verification service
    basically it works this way.... your email is redirected to the service, filtered then redirected to you.. because each email must be verified most spam is blocked... cost starting at $5 per month

or you can buy a script that is installed in you hosting account or server... it filters all email coming into your server... in the same way that a verification service works...
    cost $50 of one domain or $250 for a server version that can be set up to protect all domains on the server.

best part... unlike spam filters you have complete control over who you recieve email from

If a spammer gets past the verification system... simply go in the your admin section and block that email address or the complete domain if you wish...

I have been testing the hosting version.. I am encouraged... I have cut my email down to a trickle for the domain I am testing..

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread